Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 01:12 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #27500
Magnitude, auto level

So I’m the proud new owner of a 2022 Magnitude RS36.

I’ve noticed that the set “level” isn't exactly level, it leans forward a bit causing the radius shower doors to close……it’s really annoying when trying to use the shower. So I thought no big deal I’ll manually level it and reset the auto level. Problem is……even on my concrete driveway, which is pretty darn flat, I have to lift the front tires off the ground to get it level. Anyone else have this problem?

TIA

Old 08-11-2022, 01:47 PM   #2

Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
Congratulations on the new Magnitude Cave Man! and welcome to the forum.

If you search leveling in the search function you will come up with plenty on the subject. Additionally your manual has detailed instructions on re-setting the zero.

You will also see that many of us manual level rather than auto level for just the reason you mention. Auto level puts your coach higher than necessary.
Old 08-11-2022, 02:03 PM   #3

THOR #27500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottosails View Post
Congratulations on the new Magnitude Cave Man! and welcome to the forum.

If you search leveling in the search function you will come up with plenty on the subject. Additionally your manual has detailed instructions on re-setting the zero.

You will also see that many of us manual level rather than auto level for just the reason you mention. Auto level puts your coach higher than necessary.

Thank you!

I’d did a quick search before I posted but didn't see anything that seemed to address this particular issues.

So maybe I wasn’t very clear. Even manually setting the level causes the front tires to come off the ground.

And I do know how to set the “zero point”.
Old 08-11-2022, 03:35 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I have a '20SV34 I've had for 3 years now...my opinion is DO NO USE AUTO LEVEL.

The LCI system Thor puts in is not one that is top of the line configurations. I had an Outlaw 29H and that LCI system would allow me to control each jack independently and you can even do that with the Magnitude.

The Auto Level can't think like you do and it will put the coach through wild gyrations causing the chassis to twist and torque, which ultimately exposed the Thor manufacturing defect with the front cap and cab-over attachment (you can read plenty of posts about it and you will want to because there is a better than 50% chance it will happen to your coach if Thor has not changed their manufacturing practices). Auto Level will also lift wheels off the ground needlessly.

You are best to put an actual level in the center of the coach. Determine which end and side is high or low, and then manually engage the front and rear jacks accordingly and more gently.

If your driveway is a flat as you say, your wheels should never be off the ground. Don't use the light on the control panel. Use a real level.

I will post the Zero-Set Procedure for you. That will get your level light on the control pad more accurate once you level the coach with an actual level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 11.50.29 AM.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	39108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 11.54.16 AM.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	39109  

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 11.54.26 AM.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	39110  
Old 08-11-2022, 09:48 PM   #5

THOR #27500
Yeah yeah yeah…..this is what I was doing and the front tires still come off the ground. Clearly I said I was manually leveling it. No matter how hard I tried the front tires still lifted off the ground.

Seriously. Let me repeat myself again.
I know how to set the zero point/ level
Even manually adjusting the level the tires come off the ground.

Never mind this is pointless I’ll figure something out on my own.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:55 PM   #6

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave man View Post
Yeah yeah yeah…..this is what I was doing and the front tires still come off the ground. Clearly I said I was manually leveling it. No matter how hard I tried the front tires still lifted off the ground.

Your driveway is so out of level it causes the tires to come off the ground, either add boards or get a new driveway
Old 08-11-2022, 10:18 PM   #7

THOR #12751
Magnitude, auto level

Quote:

Dude settle down…. I understood what you meant.

What the hell are you using to determine the coach is level? I was assuming you were trying to use the green light on the control panel.

Either your driveway is not as level as you think it is or you aren’t using a level properly if your driveway is level and your manually causing the wheels to lift off the ground.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:41 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:

I’ve noticed that the set “level” isn't exactly level, it leans forward a bit causing the radius shower doors to close……it’s really annoying when trying to use the shower. So I thought no big deal I’ll manually level it and reset the auto level. Problem is……even on my concrete driveway, which is pretty darn flat, I have to lift the front tires off the ground to get it level. Anyone else have this problem?

TIA
If you have to "lift the front tires off the ground to get it level" when you are manually leveling then your driveway is not level or you are not operating the leveling system properly. Flat and level are NOT the same thing.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 08-11-2022, 10:49 PM   #9

Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
As stated above, your "pretty darn flat driveway" probably isn't so flat after all.

Put a 4' level on your driveway and see. It doesn't take much un-flatness with these Mag/Oni's to lift the fronts off the ground. If I'm much more than a half bubble off I end up putting blocks under the tires.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:22 PM   #10

Model: Magnitude SV34
THOR #20809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Dude settle down…. I understood what you meant.

What the hell are you using to determine the coach is level? I was assuming you were trying to use the green light on the control panel.

Either your driveway is not as level as you think it is or you aren’t using a level properly if your driveway is level and your manually causing the wheels to lift off the ground.
Well, the user name seems appropriate at least. Anyone try this gadget out?

https://a.co/d/a0fbbow

I just ordered one, will report back when I get.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:15 PM   #11

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
Judge,
I formally apologize for cave, he know not who he speaks too.
AGAIN, you knowledge and advise are ALWAYS highly appreciated.
Terry
Semper Fi
Old 08-15-2022, 11:31 PM   #12
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillbox View Post
Judge,
I formally apologize for cave, he know not who he speaks too.
AGAIN, you knowledge and advise are ALWAYS highly appreciated.
Terry
Since the only way to lift tires off the ground while leveling on a level service manually is by operator error, I suspect we never got the real story from the OP.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 08-16-2022, 02:57 AM   #13

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Wow is this thread for real? Just the Magnitude of the Attitude of Cave Man Dude. Since the Cave Man is from Texas, I felt a sense of some responsibility; so, I venture off on a mission for the Judge going house to house looking for a RV that pretty much had a flat driveway

I confirmed that Cave Man is right; if you level Auto or Manual, you will have tires off the ground, pretty much, maybe not

Note: This is one of those threads where we pretty much needed the Super Duck; maybe not....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Level.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	39135  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 08-16-2022, 09:40 AM   #14

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Well they are out there, i hope they stay parked and off the road
Old 08-16-2022, 11:17 AM   #15

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
I have figured out what is going wrong with your motorhome. If your driveway is pretty much level and the wheels come off the ground your shocks are completely frozen. When it is jacked up even a few inches the wheels will come off the ground, my son's old Chevy Tahoe had this happen on the rear. Yours is a 2022 the chances are about 99.99999999⁹⁹ percent that would never happen unless you have the Flintstone mobile
Old 08-16-2022, 11:18 AM   #16

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Wow is this thread for real? Just the Magnitude of the Attitude of Cave Man Dude. Since the Cave Man is from Texas, I felt a sense of some responsibility; so, I venture off on a mission for the Judge going house to house looking for a RV that pretty much had a flat driveway

I confirmed that Cave Man is right; if you level Auto or Manual, you will have tires off the ground, pretty much, maybe not

Note: This is one of those threads where we pretty much needed the Super Duck; maybe not....
That does look pretty level to me DK!

If that driveway was any more level, that guy would probably remove his front wheels so the coach could sit on the rotors to get that sucker level!
Old 08-16-2022, 12:17 PM   #17

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:

TIA
See Bill’s comment about shocks. When you raise front jacks, do the wheels drop or go up with the coach. Your chassis is different from mine but I can raise the front over a foot before tires come off ground. In fact in my gravel driveway I normally only raise the front and don’t even lower the rear.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:35 PM   #18

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:

Just in the event you sneak back in to see what others had to say...many threads go on here for days and pages...each post adding something new to the issue/problem, and most of the time the light at the end of the tunnel changes from "No Exit" to "Safe Landing"". You're snide "yeah, yeah, yeah" response falls right in with why you have this issue. You're too smart and know too much to learn. The advice given you was spot on. It's a great forum. Hope things work out for you. We've all made an a** of ourselves here at one time or another...yours just came real early.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
Old 08-16-2022, 02:59 PM   #19

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguir View Post
Well they are out there, i hope they stay parked and off the road
I just Google earthed Area 51; and not only is the hanger wide open so who knows who or what got out; but you might notice that the aircraft launch pad while pretty much flat; is not level. I bet the Spaceships had tires off the ground too, but the Government won't share the pictures
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Area 51.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	39139  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Closed Thread

Tags
auto leveling problems., lippert levelers, magnitude, rs36