Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2024, 02:48 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBowers33 View Post
Yeah supposed to say very very drafty. But drafty to the point that I had to run the furnace and heat pump just to keep it warm enough for no one to freeze while going down the road…. It was bad even with the cab heater running it was freezing.
Well that sounds like more than drafty, that sounds like big air leaks. You can check out Bob Nodine's thread on what he did to his Class C which may or may not apply to your issue. You many have more and bigger problems. Might want to do a poor mans smoke test.

Close the windshield curtains at night and turn on all the lights in the RV. Walk around outside and look for light leaks where they are not supposed to be. It's not thorough, it won't find window leaks, but it's a place to start.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 02:53 PM   #22
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Yeah supposed to say very very drafty. But drafty to the point that I had to run the furnace and heat pump just to keep it warm enough for no one to freeze while going down the road…. It was bad even with the cab heater running it was freezing.
Does your cab heater blow hot or cool? If cool make sure the circulation valve on top of the engine is open. During the summer you might want to close that valve to stop hot coolant from circulating through the heater core. My rig came from the factory with the valve closed.
Old 03-03-2024, 03:21 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #31982
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Does your cab heater blow hot or cool? If cool make sure the circulation valve on top of the engine is open. During the summer you might want to close that valve to stop hot coolant from circulating through the heater core. My rig came from the factory with the valve closed.
It blows hot and cold as it should just the coach it self is drafty so far we have found three seals that are split and falling apart. witch I thought kinda odd for a brand new motorcoach. we aare waiting to here from dealership as to weather they will adress these issues or not so far we cant get the service writer to return any phone calls....
Old 03-03-2024, 05:30 PM   #24
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
It blows hot and cold as it should just the coach it self is drafty so far we have found three seals that are split and falling apart. witch I thought kinda odd for a brand new motorcoach. we aare waiting to here from dealership as to weather they will adress these issues or not so far we cant get the service writer to return any phone calls....
If the seals are something within your skill level, contact Thor and ask them to send you the parts. That’s what we did for split and missing seals on our Challenger. It did take 2 attempts to get the correct bulb seal but they sent the correct one on the second attempt.