Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2022, 07:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #22993
BTU rating of my AC ????

Quick question. Does anyone out there know what the BTU rating is on my Coleman roof top AC unit ? It is a Thor Sequence 20L. 2022 model year. Seems to be a secret when I search google or the owners manual.

Old 05-03-2022, 07:21 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1951 View Post
Quick question. Does anyone out there know what the BTU rating is on my Coleman roof top AC unit ? It is a Thor Sequence 20L. 2022 model year. Seems to be a secret when I search google or the owners manual.
Do you have an AC model number? Lately manufacturers use different brands and models which could have different cooling capacities. Most vans have 11,000 or 13,500 BTU/hr roof-top air conditioners, but some use 12 or 48 VDC air conditioners depending on electrical options. Without a model number you probably won’t know for certain in my opinion.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:14 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
There should be a page titled Component Serial Numbers pasted on the inside of a closet door or similar. It gives data on all of the major components used in building your coach.

David
Old 05-03-2022, 08:44 PM   #4

THOR #22993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Do you have an AC model number? Lately manufacturers use different brands and models which could have different cooling capacities. Most vans have 11,000 or 13,500 BTU/hr roof-top air conditioners, but some use 12 or 48 VDC air conditioners depending on electrical options. Without a model number you probably won’t know for certain in my opinion.
Thanks guys. I saw 11000 on a website somewhere but was trying to confirm. Can’t even find a model number. Plenty of info is available about how to use the toilet roll dispenser however .
Old 05-03-2022, 09:46 PM   #5

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
The Thor generic owners manual for the Class B probably has no detailed information. But didn't you get a packet of owners manuals for all the equipment installed on your RV? There should be a separate manual for the air conditioner.

Go to this link --https://www.thormotorcoach.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpcOTBhCZARIsAEAYLuXafEQiqWmO0MiHfY2 2tiDaSicTjBSQ_3EDIbaPCa6ZUeGlMISkfSYaAspHEALw_wcB

Establish an account with your VIN. You should be able to download all he manuals for what is installed on your RV. You should also be able to find a build list for every item installed with the part number, stock number, serial number as well.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:03 PM   #6

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
The only sure way to know is to find it on the unit itself, just might be a little more work than a post.
https://www.airxcel.com/rv/coleman-m...y-model-number
Old 05-04-2022, 01:30 AM   #7

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
There should be a page titled Component Serial Numbers pasted on the inside of a closet door or similar. It gives data on all of the major components used in building your coach.

David
Best answer! I was told it's there on every new Thor coach. Now... that's not to say it's still there on a used coach. But why someone would remove it is beyond me.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:54 PM   #8

THOR #2601
Check that owners link I posted in Post #5 above. When you establish an account with your VIN # that Component Serial # list (that should have been on a closet door or in the packet with the various manuals should also be available for download.

Also, call Thor technical assistance. They should at least be able to tell you the BTU size of the air conditioner.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 05-04-2022, 02:02 PM   #9

THOR #2601
Here's a 2022 for sale at La Mesa RV. It shows the A/C as "11,000 BTU Power-Saver, Low-Profile Air Conditioner."
https://www.lamesarv.com/blog/blg-rv...dom-of-travel/
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
Old 05-04-2022, 02:34 PM   #10

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Thanks guys. I saw 11000 on a website somewhere but was trying to confirm. Can’t even find a model number. Plenty of info is available about how to use the toilet roll dispenser however .

They do that because they know trying to figure out anything to do with how they build RV's will give you the s**ts!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 02:44 PM   #11

THOR #22993
Thanks to all….

Thanks to All. Found the needed info and books.