Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2021, 03:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20LT
State: Florida
THOR #23123
Sequence / Tellaro Owners

Figured I would start a thread specifically for Sequence and Tellaro’s.

I picked up my Tellaro 20LT on May 3rd. Here are a few things to look out for an maybe correct on yours.

Things wrong on delivery:

1. Kitchen Faucet drips.
2. Propane sensor doesn’t work.
3. No keys for the Thule bike rack, the keys only fit the luggage rack.
4. No pipe wrench for the water filter.
5. Sliding door inner panel is not attached, the attachment points are broken and you can see the insulation in the door.
6. Drivers door speaker not working.
7. End caps on the Thule rails were all loose. They tightened them at the dealership but by time I got home they were loose again. I added lock-tite blue to them.

Once I got it home I connected my city water through a pressure regulator and filter. I noticed a leak under the passenger side bed at the hot water pressure release point. The fitting was loose and tightening it fixed the problem.

Due to the leak I removed all of the panels, everything else looked good except that it was a mess. I removed about 8 screws that were scattered around, a bunch of sawdust and wires, and a razor blade that was sitting on top of the water tank. I would encourage anyone who buys one to remove their panels and clean up also.

Old 05-12-2021, 04:53 PM   #2

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Hiya and reaching across from the Axis (stupidest name ever?) and Vegas side. Ahh, the pride of ownership but you've got the right frame of mind. I paid the CW dealership $1200 for "Prep" and had to vacuum out the drawers, tighten fittings, screws and wire nuts. I suggest checking tightness on electrical connections in fuse blocks and the breaker (distribution) panel.
Taking ownership means its your responsibility now. With that attitude you should have a good "rving" experience.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:42 PM   #3

State: Michigan
THOR #22979
Seqeunce Owner

Found similar issues on my Sequence. I have been going around and checking all the screws they use to build the unit. Found many are stripped in their holes so had to pull out and fill hole with glue before putting screw back in. Also, found a couple of screws that were not tighten so that needed to be corrected. Just warming up enough to try putting water into unit so will see how that goes. Reality is you really need to be handy to own an RV and not go crazy dealing with dealer.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:04 PM   #4

State: Ohio
THOR #25046
Drawers popping open

Anyone else having issues with the drawers (especially under sink) popping open while driving. Every time I make a right turn they open. Left turn closes them. I'll have to plan my trip only making left turns -- unless someone else has figured out a fix.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:37 PM   #5

State: Ohio
THOR #25046
Picked up our Sequence 20A in late September. Here are my to issues.

1. The water filter is inaccessable. I had to put an access hole thru the cabinet behind it to be able to sanitize the water system.

2. The propane was off. No hot water, no stove until I took it back to the dealer. Nothing in the literature mentions that there is a valve at the propane tank UNDER the coach.

3. The drawers pop open during travel. I had to add magnets to the drawers.

4. The Promaster struggles to keep at highway speeds. Constantly downshifting even with slight rises or with a headwind..
Old 10-26-2021, 01:37 AM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Quote:
Originally Posted by tervsail View Post
Picked up our Sequence 20A in late September. Here are my to issues.

1. The water filter is inaccessable. I had to put an access hole thru the cabinet behind it to be able to sanitize the water system.

2. The propane was off. No hot water, no stove until I took it back to the dealer. Nothing in the literature mentions that there is a valve at the propane tank UNDER the coach.

3. The drawers pop open during travel. I had to add magnets to the drawers.

4. The Promaster struggles to keep at highway speeds. Constantly downshifting even with slight rises or with a headwind..

I had the same issue with the drawers and I added extra cabinet magnets as well. Also, It turn out that for me the factory magnet catches were not installed properly.
The two main reason I sold the Tellaro and purchased the Sanctuary was because of the inability to maintain highway speeds (75ish) without downshifting and the play in the steering wheel at speeds over 65mph. I drove it from FL to CA and had plenty of opportunity to try it in all situations. The scariest by far being crosswinds. It is probably the same in all camper vans but the crosswinds going from TX to NM made me feel like I had no control over the van at all. I have not tried the sanctuary yet in crosswinds. Also, going into a head on wind made the top speed about 55-60 MPH when pushed. The problem being the van has low torque and only a 4 speed transmission. I understand that the new Promaster platforms now have a 9 speed transmission so maybe some of those issue have been corrected.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:04 PM   #7

Model: 2022 Tellaro 20L
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #25231
New Tellaro Quality and Workmanship issues

We picked up our new Tellaro on October 13. Drove it almost 2000 miles home. [The story of how we selected a dealer 2000 miles from home is a long one.]
I found many of the issues identified so far.
1.We also have a bubble in the vinyl floor (which has grown to 2 bubbles) that's my biggest warranty concern.
2.While I was tracing plumbing to figure out how to winterize, I bumped the connections to the water pump, and one end fell out of the splice. Sloppy crimp. An electrical repair kit with a crimping tool and a selection of connectors is good to have.
3.The sewer hose is disappointing, but I used the installed hose 3 times, and it works.
4.The kitchen faucet drips -- a lot. Very annoying.
While trying to silence a spurious smoke alarm, the detector came off in my hand.
5.The trim at the top of the slider started dropping screws.
6.The internals of a hinge on the right side of the wardrobe fell out.
7.The left door of the wardrobe doesn't close completely.
8.The TPMS associated with the Pioneer DMH-1500NEX and the Maestro RR has screwy setpoints. The right rear tire showed red and indicated 77 psi.
9.The head rest tilt mechanism on the starboard bunk isn't fastened to the structure on one side.
10.Tank level indicators are inaccurate and confusing, especially the black tank. While rinsing black tank for winterizing, the tank indicated empty; after 6-8 gallons it indicated 1/3; a few seconds later it went to 2/3 and almost immediately indicated full. When I drained it, I estimate it was no more than 1/2 full.
11.The access panel on the port side bunk lost 2 of the wooden support blocks and the cover fell into the plumbing.

Having said all that, I still love the Tellaro. Part of the problem with screws not holding is that they use sheet metal screws instead of wood screws. Sheet metal screws don't hold well in plywood and particle board.

Most of my attachment issues can be fixed either with a good wood screw, or some epoxy and a clamp.
Old 10-29-2021, 01:29 AM   #8

State: Alabama
THOR #22773
I agree, I loved my time with the Tellaro but I did notice a couple of things that started to concern me. Make sure you check how the windows are sealed by walking around the outside of the van and looking for separation. I also had a weird issue with the black tank building pressure in the on hot sunny days ... making flushing the toilet a interesting adventure.
Old 10-29-2021, 01:38 PM   #9

THOR #22979
Sequence

LawrenceofPA - I had almost all of the same issues you listed.

I found the missing supports under the access hatch on drivers side at PDI. (This was after General RV's own expensive paid inspection.) They added two pieces of scrap wood and used screws 1" too long which will be a hazard until I replace someday.

You might want to check the outside wall supports under that section of the bed as I found a single bent screw was all that was holding that entire back corner up. I added additional supports to keep it from dropping down onto plumbing section.

I basically removed and repaired all the screws in all the cabinets as they were universally over driven to the point of stripping the hole. Lots of gorilla glue and in one case toothpicks to completely rebuild a location that would hold nothing.

Dripping faucet is universal and we just put towel there.

Also, many owners have experience interior door panel falling off sliding door. The glue Thor uses to hold that plastic fasteners to the panel fails most the time and the panel comes loose. Thor puts in screws into the metal on the four corners with a button cover. These will likely keep the panel from falling off completely but it bulges out in middle exposing insulation and hitting when opening door.

I believe in the THOR motto : This Has On-going Repairs. I knew coming in that build quality was poor was was prepared to fix a lot of things myself.

Happy Travels
Old 10-29-2021, 02:55 PM   #10

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #25231
Finding the "access panel in the base of the bunk"

After looking at the excellent photos sent by Jeffrey Lee, I decided to disassemble the starboard bunk. About 4 wood screws and 4 sheet metal screws later, I had the top off of the whole space. And there's valve and an antifreeze port in there!
Every single screw I removed was bent, and the driver bit described circles with increasing radius as the screw came out. Fortunately, they are square drive screws, and the square recess wasn't stripped. I will replace every removed fastener with a new one. I will be cutting an access hole on the starboard side (similar to the one on the port side) to give me access, and securing it with wood 1x2 strips, 1/4 inch bolts, big flat washers and wingnuts.
I'm grateful to finally be able to winterize according to the instructions.
Old 11-02-2021, 03:05 PM   #11

State: Maine
THOR #24588
Pictures of the hidden AF port please ?
Old 11-02-2021, 03:36 PM   #12

THOR #22979
Fresh Water Tank Pics

Attached shows fresh water tank and associated lines in pictures taken under bed platform.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:42 PM   #13

State: North Carolina
THOR #25663
Hello Comrads

I may have you all beat. I picked up my 2022 Sequence 20k with reliable electric system yesterday and drove it a total of 4.7 miles and now it's the most expensive lawn ornament I've ever owned.

I think, (Not sure) that they put the wrong BMPRO panel on mine... Everyone I've seen has the four buttons at the bottom (4 for lights, EXT, RET, and arrows)
Not only that, but all videos I've seen (even the one uploaded on 12/17/2021 on the thor you tube channel) shows components of the reliable system that I don't have.... Like where are the yellow Disconnect switches?? I've crawled under and can't find them...

Anyway, I can't turn anything on since the panel is disconnected and I can't "Pair" it with anything.

Now, the other items
  • Towel bar fell off on the way home... (Missing set screw)
  • Lagoon table doesn't tighten because of a missing end cap
  • panel door that covers the fuse box has broken on the left side latch
  • Balmar under the hood alternator does not seem to be working
  • Mastervolt panel will not turn on
  • The awning can't be locked in place when extended.....
Keep in mind, all of this with about 30 minutes inside the coach. Who knows when I'll be in a position to even test out the plumbing... I have to take it in on January 12th.... Good thing for the folks at camping world that this isn't my actual home or I'd be camping in their showroom

Video I made of some of the items...

Gonna be a long winter
Old 12-31-2021, 11:48 PM   #14
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraines87 View Post
I may have you all beat. I picked up my 2022 Sequence 20k with reliable electric system yesterday and drove it a total of 4.7 miles and now it's the most expensive lawn ornament I've ever owned.

I think, (Not sure) that they put the wrong BMPRO panel on mine... Everyone I've seen has the four buttons at the bottom (4 for lights, EXT, RET, and arrows)
Not only that, but all videos I've seen (even the one uploaded on 12/17/2021 on the thor you tube channel) shows components of the reliable system that I don't have.... Like where are the yellow Disconnect switches?? I've crawled under and can't find them...

Anyway, I can't turn anything on since the panel is disconnected and I can't "Pair" it with anything.

Now, the other items
  • Towel bar fell off on the way home... (Missing set screw)
  • Lagoon table doesn't tighten because of a missing end cap
  • panel door that covers the fuse box has broken on the left side latch
  • Balmar under the hood alternator does not seem to be working
  • Mastervolt panel will not turn on
  • The awning can't be locked in place when extended.....
Keep in mind, all of this with about 30 minutes inside the coach. Who knows when I'll be in a position to even test out the plumbing... I have to take it in on January 12th.... Good thing for the folks at camping world that this isn't my actual home or I'd be camping in their showroom

Video I made of some of the items...

Gonna be a long winter
You didn't catch any of those issues on the PDI? How did they demonstrate the BMPro? Isn't there a tablet that goes with it?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 12:14 AM   #15

State: North Carolina
THOR #25663
The BMPRO panel was working during the inspection. I will say however that we were plugged into Shore power the whole time. Additionally the towel bar fell off during the inspection but the guy put it back up there and probably didn't realize the set screw was missing. It didn't occur to me to check after he put it back together. The Lagoon table we didn't tighten down so I didn't notice that one.

Bottom line is the electrical system appeared to be working while we were plugged in. I didn't know that that panel didn't look like all the other ones until I started investigating today.

The guy who did my inspection really didn't know anything about the reliable system and turns out, my salesman typically deals with towable RVs. I'm by no means an expert therefore I was dependent on the salesman and technicians to have a clue as to what they were talking about

I drove home yesterday evening and parked it and got up this morning going to check things out and then that's when things started showing up as not working. Been a crazy day Googling

The thing that puzzles me is that the owner's manual doesn't match what I'm seeing with my own eyes when I'm trying to find components of this reliable system
Old 01-22-2022, 03:08 PM   #16

THOR #25802
Mystery Tellaro AT

We just bought a mystery Tellaro AT second hand. It has the blue Sky bunk sticker and the model designation AT. With the VIN registered at Thor service it comes back as Tellaro AT but I yet have to find the sky bunk. 😂

It’s a regular A floor plan and there is no bunk. Same issues like others (faucet leaking, side door trim, etc)

I do have one question for 2021 owners. Can anyone confirm whether the blind spot detection is supposed to work or not. I get the warning “blind spot detection disabled”‘every time I start the van and the Pioneer radio doesn’t seem to have the ability to activate it. Saw lots of discussions on the Promaster forum about the system being intermittent with stock radio but I haven’t been able to determine what the situation is with the Pioneer in the Thor RV.

Thanks for any pointers.
Old 05-26-2023, 06:32 PM   #17

State: Washington
THOR #29650
Blind spot disabled SOLUTION

Blind spot ANSWER. After 8 weeks of road tripping and other schedule obligations we finally had time to chase an answer to “blind spot disabled” issue on our 2022 Tellaro. Camping world on behalf of Thor said not their issue. Dodge said aftermarket radio modification means it isn’t their problem. Neither was willing to research. Went to Traffic Jams (local automotive audio retailer) and they spent hours and learned that when Thor installed the Pioneer radio they did not correctly complete the new pairing with the Ram. These guys had to uninstall the radio and reset to factory then reinstall and pair. We finally have visual, no auditory, warning of blind spot issues. There is a solution don’t give up. Find a local pioneer service agent who isn’t afraid to research and earn his living!
Old 08-21-2023, 12:19 AM   #18

THOR #30046
Quote:
Originally Posted by tervsail View Post
Anyone else having issues with the drawers (especially under sink) popping open while driving. Every time I make a right turn they open. Left turn closes them. I'll have to plan my trip only making left turns -- unless someone else has figured out a fix.
Yes we had problems with our drawers popping open the metal plates on the back plate of the drawer face and the magnet in the drawer opening frame were misaligned in the thor sequence we bought at the beginning of may 2023. We had the dealer fix those when we had it in for other warranty maintenance at the end of June. Just got back from an extended 2 week trip with the rv at the end of July and beginning of June and other short trip where another drawer keeps popping open. Same issue with metal plat and the magnet being misaligned or the screws hold both in place work their way loose and you have to tighten them up. if not badly misaligned or depending how handy you are you can fix this yourself otherwise it may require dealer warranty service.
Old 08-22-2023, 04:23 PM   #19

State: Vermont
THOR #30506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrvgo View Post
Yes we had problems with our drawers popping open the metal plates on the back plate of the drawer face and the magnet in the drawer opening frame were misaligned in the thor sequence we bought at the beginning of may 2023. We had the dealer fix those when we had it in for other warranty maintenance at the end of June. Just got back from an extended 2 week trip with the rv at the end of July and beginning of June and other short trip where another drawer keeps popping open. Same issue with metal plat and the magnet being misaligned or the screws hold both in place work their way loose and you have to tighten them up. if not badly misaligned or depending how handy you are you can fix this yourself otherwise it may require dealer warranty service.
I hate those magnetic devices on the back of the drawer- mine work ok for now, but if they start failing, I will change the drawer slides out to KV 'stay-closed' slides that I installed in my last RV. Amazon has them (who else)

They are similar to the residential Blum self-closing slides, but have springs that engage at the last 2" of closure and hold the drawer firmly closed and no more hard pull to open.
Daily driver: 2021 VW ID4
Mark54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 11:26 AM   #20

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
THOR #26179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrvgo View Post
I had to realign them on our Sanctuary because of them opening when turning , two were not even close . Be aware that if you swap drawer's you can still have miss match magnets , I measured them all to make sure they were all in alignment , so if we did mix them up , they will still latch with the magnets , been working fine for over a year .

Also I had many missing screws that fasten them & the Glides , not to mention the whole frame work for the Drawer section would move . Fixed that by adding a brace to the top , made it rock solid . I purchased a TIG Welder just for such projects when I saw aluminum used in most all the frame work . I have a temporary one in there now , but will be making a stronger welded one this off season .Very small weak Tac welds on all frame work , they won't last long before they start separating .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brace for drawer frame .jpg
Views:	20
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	43263