Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2022, 06:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #28291
Tranquility Holding Tank Heating Pads

Hi all,

We have a 2022 Tranquility 19L, and have been using it for a little over a year. Last winter, I winterized it myself and took it out a couple of times while it was winterized, which definitely is a limitation. This year, we're thinking about using it during the colder months, but would prefer to not winterize. We live in Seattle, so we don't have many hard freezes ... in general, we get down to about 20 degrees at most a few times each year, if that. In looking at the Tranquility specs, they say that the holding tanks have heating pads, but I can't find any more information. I'm also thinking that it would be good to direct heat to some other areas of the van.

I've got a call in to Thor support, but ... you know how that goes. Does anybody have any information about the heating pads, if there are any?

Thanks, Jim

Old 10-19-2022, 07:15 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Look underneath at the bottoms of the tanks and you will see them if installed.

On my 2021 Axis they are controlled with the BMPro display. If you have that display, look in the climate section. Otherwise, look for a switch somewhere.

Those pads will probably suffice down to the low 20s. Any lower and I suspect the line from the dump valve will freeze.

David

Tags
pad, tranquility