Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2021, 02:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #24821
New Thor Owner Support

Hello all,

First post here however I have read quite a few of the forums when setting up my new super C.

My Wife and I are new to RV traveling and purchased a 2022 magnitude BT36 with the intent of traveling while we are in the process of building a house. We have owned the super c for about 2 months. So far the travels have been great and the coach drives like a small truck. The floor plan is great for a family of 4 as well.

I have been experiencing issues with the coach from day 1 that are frustrating with a lack of support from Thor or Lazy days where I purchased the coach. I do understand issues are going to pop up especially on new coaches.

My intent for creating this post is to get other owners feedback on whether this is normal and I just have to deal with it or discover what others have done to get assistance. I do understand supply chain in the current global situation is broken however I cannot get support to tell me if parts are being shipped to me. I have worked with 4 people at Thor and 2 at lazy days RV and have not been able to get an answer. I am a fairly competent with repairs and can do the work myself. I need parts and instructions as RV’s are new to me.

1. Day 1 large slide topper broke and currently have to climb on the RV to hand unroll. It also broke the trim on top of the slide when the topper broke.
2. Black tank no flush fuss systems do not pass water through the tank. I was told by Thor that it’s not fixable and I will have to deal with it.
3. Dealer installed washer and dryer fell over and broke the cabinetry they are installed in.
4. 1”x4” hole in the flashing under the large slide that is essentially daylight between slide and coach body.
5. Trim strip between front and rear body to fiberglass caps has pulled away from the body creating a non sealed gap for water to enter.
6. Typical door hardware failure and re installation (easy fix items) however some of the door hardware has broken and needs to be replaced.
7. Rear hub cap fell off. (I found it!)

As I mentioned I understand issues will pop up in new RV’s and my intent is to understand if what I am dealing with is normal or what actions I should be taking.

I appreciate anyone’s feedback and insight!

Kyle Salisbury

Old 09-11-2021, 02:45 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
As long as you don't drop your dentures or eyelgasses in one: I don't see any downsides to them...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:27 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
You might want to message Judge or see his posts regarding the magnitude issues he has experienced and is still experiencing. When my Thor Siesta was brand new, I had no issues getting parts from Thor but that was before we started having supply issues.

Paul
Old 09-11-2021, 04:34 PM   #4

THOR #24821
Thank you, I will reach out to judge!
Old 09-11-2021, 04:36 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #22781
We took delivery of a 2021 Four Winds 31w class C on March 5th. After 6 months of ownership we have only been able to use it 5 days.

We have had more problems, (mechanical/poor workmanship etc) than I care to list resulting in high degree of frustration.

Thor customer service has been very good and helpful to intervene and direct the repair processes.

Issues:

Extremely poor QA/QC on the production line. Maybe non existent!

We bought out of state, mistake dealer was initially OK, but knew it wasn't practical for us to keep returning. At a point did not return phone calls.

Thor Customer Service directed me to a local dealer who has pretty much fixed our current issues. Only problem since we didn't buy there we are not a service priority. Just got MH back Thursday after two months.

This is the first most expensive RV we have owned over the past 20 years, with acute significant problems.

Problems with MH, and wife who constantly reminds me we should have bought local!
Old 09-11-2021, 05:31 PM   #6

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEasTexas View Post
We took delivery of a 2021 Four Winds 31w class C on March 5th. After 6 months of ownership we have only been able to use it 5 days.

We have had more problems, (mechanical/poor workmanship etc) than I care to list resulting in high degree of frustration.

Thor customer service has been very good and helpful to intervene and direct the repair processes.

Issues:

We bought out of state, mistake dealer was initially OK, but knew it wasn't practical for us to keep returning. At a point did not return phone calls.

Thor Customer Service directed me to a local dealer who has pretty much fixed our current issues. Only problem since we didn't buy there we are not a service priority. Just got MH back Thursday after two months.

This is the first most expensive RV we have owned over the past 20 years, with acute significant problems.

Problems with MH, and wife who constantly reminds me we should have bought local!
Knowing how long you spent on your pdi
Why you took delivery when you had a list of repairs you found during pdi
Which app you used during your pdi

Would go a long way towards letting us know what we can do for you.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:39 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Hard to say what is "Typical" with a new RV. Some have no, or very few and minor issues. Some have lots and/or major use prohibiting issues. Most are somewhere in between.

Other than the unacceptable answer to your #2 problem, what is preventing the other issues from being repaired in a timely manner by the selling dealer?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:00 PM   #8

THOR #24821
Similar to JimEasTexas I purchased the rig in Tucson and live in the Seattle area. Dealer has been fairly unresponsive post purchase.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:03 PM   #9

THOR #24821
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEasTexas View Post

Issues:

That is unfortunate Jim, sounds like I might not be to far off what would be normal. I did take a wall panel off today to explore my black tank issue and the check valve/ vent is installed backwards. I would agree that basic QA/QC was missing. I have yet to find the check valve for the other black tank.

Thankfully it was installed backwards as one of the pipes was punctured by a staple when installing the panel and would have leaked if the valve was good!
Old 09-12-2021, 12:33 AM   #10

THOR #24821
Found the second check valve and also backwards, both are corrected now!

If anyone else has this issue I can help walk through where I found the check valves!
Old 09-12-2021, 02:51 AM   #11

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyles0217 View Post
Hello all,

First post here however I have read quite a few of the forums when setting up my new super C.

My Wife and I are new to RV traveling and purchased a 2022 magnitude BT36 with the intent of traveling while we are in the process of building a house. We have owned the super c for about 2 months. So far the travels have been great and the coach drives like a small truck. The floor plan is great for a family of 4 as well.

I have been experiencing issues with the coach from day 1 that are frustrating with a lack of support from Thor or Lazy days where I purchased the coach. I do understand issues are going to pop up especially on new coaches.

My intent for creating this post is to get other owners feedback on whether this is normal and I just have to deal with it or discover what others have done to get assistance. I do understand supply chain in the current global situation is broken however I cannot get support to tell me if parts are being shipped to me. I have worked with 4 people at Thor and 2 at lazy days RV and have not been able to get an answer. I am a fairly competent with repairs and can do the work myself. I need parts and instructions as RV’s are new to me.

1. Day 1 large slide topper broke and currently have to climb on the RV to hand unroll. It also broke the trim on top of the slide when the topper broke.
2. Black tank no flush fuss systems do not pass water through the tank. I was told by Thor that it’s not fixable and I will have to deal with it.
3. Dealer installed washer and dryer fell over and broke the cabinetry they are installed in.
4. 1”x4” hole in the flashing under the large slide that is essentially daylight between slide and coach body.
5. Trim strip between front and rear body to fiberglass caps has pulled away from the body creating a non sealed gap for water to enter.
6. Typical door hardware failure and re installation (easy fix items) however some of the door hardware has broken and needs to be replaced.

As I mentioned I understand issues will pop up in new RV’s and my intent is to understand if what I am dealing with is normal or what actions I should be taking.

Kyle Salisbury
On your #5 you might want to check out the thread Thor super c front cap issues. It's under C and Super C
You're most likely having the same structural issue.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:24 AM   #12

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Sorry you are having so many problems but at least you seem to have the right attitude towards it. Personally I would take it back to Thor.

Who at Thor told you your black tank issue was not fixable? That's just completely unacceptable in my mind.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:30 AM   #13

THOR #24821
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
On your #5 you might want to check out the thread Thor super c front cap issues. It's under C and Super C
You're most likely having the same structural issue.
Thanks for the reference, just checked out the forum and the pictures appear the same as mine. I will check in the daylight tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:36 AM   #14

THOR #24821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
Sorry you are having so many problems but at least you seem to have the right attitude towards it. Personally I would take it back to Thor.

Who at Thor told you your black tank issue was not fixable? That's just completely unacceptable in my mind.
I don’t remember the name, it was the owners support line. I was able to get plumbing schematics from someone else on a different day and got both valves reversed (installed backwards) and tank flush systems working as of today! Not fun to rip wall panels off of a 2022 coach for something that should have been done at the factory.
Old 09-12-2021, 04:22 AM   #15

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
I don’t remember the name, it was the owners support line. I was able to get plumbing schematics from someone else on a different day and got both valves reversed (installed backwards) and tank flush systems working as of today! Not fun to rip wall panels off of a 2022 coach for something that should have been done at the factory.
You should be able to pull all of the schematics from the owners page.

Hang in there and you will get through it. Plus look at it this way, you are getting to know your coach more intimately.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:54 PM   #16

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Texas
THOR #23258
Quote:
Found the second check valve and also backwards, both are corrected now!

If anyone else has this issue I can help walk through where I found the check valves!
Hello Kyles0217,
Thank you for your generous offer of assistance, and sorry to hear about your troubles.
I have a 2022 Thor Magnitude XG32 and also have a non-functional tank flush. I have studied the schematics but cannot locate either of the antisiphon valves.
Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Tom K.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:22 AM   #17

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
2022 rb34

QUOTE=Kyles0217;313768]Hello all,

Kyle Salisbury[/QUOTE]

I have experienced all and more except for #3 and #7.

Thor repaired all the issues.

The biggest issue you need to address is the cap. The Thor Super C in notorious for front cap separation, so I would suggest get that taken care of sooner than later.

The next issue is a know issue on the slide out awning. When it came from the factory the end caps actually rub against the the upper trim on the slide, causing damage to the slide trim and awning issues. Thor has a fix. They add extenders to the awning attachment so it sits further from the slide trim.

The daylight I assume is in one of two places in the super slide. If it’s at the front, for some unknown reason they do not put any type of covering on that slide arm, which makes no sense to me since you a have a plumbing harness at that location, so it leaves the water lines exposed to the elements. Once again they have a fix for that also.

I would recommend on the hardware do the repairs yourself. Thor should be able to send you parts.

In regards to the black tank flush, the only fix is to run a new line. My unit had same problem. They ran the hose across the top of the tank and flooring, and caused the line to pinch, which prevents water flow to the black tank.

My washer/dryer has not fallen yet, and hope it doesn’t. Never have had one fall in any of my units, Class A and Fifth Wheel.

Keep an eye on converter, also another known issue. It will start tripping the circuit breaker and then start reducing voltage. It will need replaced once that starts .

All the front shade can be a problem too. Mine already stopped working. I heard a pop, and it will no longer go up or down. I found a spring that popped off somewhere.

Welcome to the forum and hope eventually you will get things ironed out.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:11 AM   #18

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I have a love/hate relationship with Thor and Thor Warranty Support with my new Axis. I suspect I would be selling it by now if I weren't a reasonably competent mechanic/electrician and can do almost everything myself.

Thor has come through after lots of emails with missing parts- table legs and radio support bracket. Others I have just worked through myself. Irritating but doable.

But like I have said above and many times elsewhere, an RV is not like a car. You need hands on capability, lots of patience and/or great dealer warranty support. I haven't tried the latter yet, but I will.

David

David
Old 09-20-2021, 08:15 PM   #19

Model: RS36
THOR #24133
2. The unit comes pre-installed with the black tank flush valve. That should be all you need for the unit if it is installed correctly. Mine was installed backwards so it would not allow water to be sprayed into he black tank through the hose connect in the wet bay.

4. I would recommend buying a can or 2 of the expandable form and crawl all over under your RV. Mine had multiple large holes that were exposed to the inside. Pretty much every single hole in the main floor for electric or plumbing is not sealed by Thor. This seems to be standard for their build quality.

5. This seems to be a common theme among all Omni/Magnitdue owners. Mine trim was pushed out after 6k miles. It is the screws backing out that hold the front cap to the main structure. All Thor warrantee will do is replace the screws. Most likely they will back out again, and again, and again. At least with the 2022 you have a 12 year structure warrantee that should cover the front cap to body attachment issues.

Eric
Old 10-14-2021, 01:16 PM   #20

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Thor class c outlaw
THOR #18162
I had quite a lot of issues with the dealers service writer not knowing what to fix. I had to call Thor and they had the Thor field service person and higher up service personnel finally fix the issues.

If the dealer is incompetent ask Thor where to take it in the area to get fixed.