RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-31-2020, 02:19 PM   #1
Member
 
larSC's Avatar
 
Brand: Keystone
State: South Carolina
Posts: 31
THOR #21131
Down the road Snap Shots

I got a little fixated on RV Park/CGs in my other “snap shots” thread. In this one I’ll take you down the road to places we’ve visited and some road pictures on the way.

We travel on interstate highways about 40% of the time. US highways and rural state and county roads got the other 60%.

US-2 is our favorite northern highway it and its tributaries lead to sights along the way that offer great adventures for the full time traveler.

These first couple of pictures was taken while transiting the Vermont Hero islands on US-2. The towns of North & South hero were quite picturesque; the countryside, more so.


Click image for larger version

Name:	Apple Island RV Resort - South Hero, VT - d.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	27863 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake Champlain from hero island, VT (1).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	27864

Click image for larger version

Name:	3d Lake Champlain from hero island, VT (10).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	27865 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake Champlain from hero island, VT (8).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	27866
__________________

__________________
larSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:18 AM   #2
Member
 
larSC's Avatar
 
Brand: Keystone
State: South Carolina
Posts: 31
THOR #21131
Nv – us-95

After a short visit to the Fallon, NV Naval Air Station, we departed on US-95 south for Las Vegas and a 2 week stay at the Circus Circus RV park on the strip.

The journey on US-95 was quite uneventful. The two lane highway was in great condition with wide shoulders; some were a little wider for pulling off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2 NV US95 .jpg
Views:	77
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	27903 Click image for larger version

Name:	2a NV US95 .jpg
Views:	77
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	27904
__________________

__________________
larSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:28 AM   #3
Member
 
larSC's Avatar
 
Brand: Keystone
State: South Carolina
Posts: 31
THOR #21131
Heading West in WY on I-80

After a two week stay at Rawlings, WY, we broke camp and headed for Salt Lake City. The vast WY open country is well displayed on I-80. Here are just a few of our road pictures taken while traveling on that well maintained highway.

Thanks, Ike.


Click image for larger version

Name:	3 WY Interstate 80.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	27938 Click image for larger version

Name:	3a WY63.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	27939

Click image for larger version

Name:	3b WY Interstate 80.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	27940 Click image for larger version

Name:	3c WY Interstate 80.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	27941

Click image for larger version

Name:	3d WY90.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	27942
__________________
larSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #4
Member
 
larSC's Avatar
 
Brand: Keystone
State: South Carolina
Posts: 31
THOR #21131
CDN Highways

Be careful what road you take to get back into the USA from Canada. You might end-up on something like this for 10 - 15 miles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ND - Minot and CDN Pixs 073.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	27973 Click image for larger version

Name:	CDN - July - 2005 - (20].jpg
Views:	12
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	27974
__________________
larSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×