Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2020, 09:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #12281
ReserveAmerica.com

I have used ReserveAmerica.com for many years but all of a sudden they have changed their policies. They are now charging a yearly membership fee and a extra fees for making and canceling reservations. Plus, the new website is not that easy to use. Has anyone else out there noticed this yet?

Old 05-14-2020, 09:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
No, there is no annual fee to use ReserveAmerica. When you make a reservation they will try to enroll you in their ActiveAdvantage membership if you don't opt out. This membership is not required to make a reservation.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:05 PM   #3

THOR #12281
Reserve America

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
No, there is no annual fee to use ReserveAmerica. When you make a reservation they will try to enroll you in their ActiveAdvantage membership if you don't opt out. This membership is not required to make a reservation.
Thanks for the heads up on that. It wasn't clear to me. When I went to make reservations this week, there was some pop-up that said there would be an $89 yearly fee if I didn't cancel within 30 days. But I it was not clear to me on how to decline. I guess I'll have to go back into the site and try to make sure I didn't inadvertently sign up for the Active Advantage membership.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:13 PM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I just made several on ReserveAmerica and even gave them a review with glowing positive details about how easy and intuitive it was, and how easy it was to pick your own site, see details, etc.... It's actually one of the EASIEST sites for reservations I've ever seen, and I've seen a LOT in 100,000 miles over 5 years!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:30 PM   #5

Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
THOR #11007
I (optimistically.....) booked an NC State Park site this weekend, for late June. Reservation was processed through Reserve America, and I don't recall seeing any of this. Do I need to go double check?
Old 05-14-2020, 10:38 PM   #6

THOR #4735
double check 'what'?
Old 05-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #7

THOR #12281
Reserve America

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureTheSouth View Post
I (optimistically.....) booked an NC State Park site this weekend, for late June. Reservation was processed through Reserve America, and I don't recall seeing any of this. Do I need to go double check?
Well, I have been checking my credit card statements online and I don't see any charges from anything like Active Advantage so I guess I didn't inadvertently get signed up for it. Why Reserve America hit me with that pop-up on the yearly fee, I don't know. But, as I say, so far it appears I didn't get signed up.

If I log into Reserve America, I don't see any menu item that talks about Active Advantage. I guess the bottom line is to keep an eye on my credit card statements to make sure I don't get any charges other than the reservation fees which, if I remember, are about six bucks.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:50 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
The gimmick is a free 30 day subscription so you won't actually get charged for another month if you failed to opt out or decline the "free" offer.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:50 PM   #9

Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
THOR #11007
Whether I was signed up for some "membership fee" I missed during reservation process.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:48 AM   #10

Model: Chateau 24FS
State: New Mexico
THOR #12181
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
The gimmick is a free 30 day subscription so you won't actually get charged for another month if you failed to opt out or decline the "free" offer.
This is correct, If you failed to deselect the subscription because you didn't see it like I did. A charge will appear after 30 days.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:35 AM   #11

THOR #12281
Charge For Active Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2 View Post
This is correct, If you failed to deselect the subscription because you didn't see it like I did. A charge will appear after 30 days.
Have you tried to get a refund?

I am still under the 30 days. I am going to see if I can contact them to cancel if I have inadvertently signed up.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:43 AM   #12

Model: Chateau 24FS
State: New Mexico
THOR #12181
I have read horror stories in the past about getting refunds. Somewhere in the last year or so they raised their subscription fee to what it is now. I think that helped their cash flow problem because they refunded me no problem. I just emailed them and they responded within a day or two and then they agreed to the refund.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:21 PM   #13

State: Illinois
THOR #17261
We have used Reservation America for many years and except for a $5 reservation fee, there is no membership fee. I just was on their website and read thru the policies and there is nothing about membership fees so if you saw something, it was not part of the booking for a camping reservation.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:17 PM   #14

THOR #12281
Reserve America Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks732@comcast.net View Post
We have used Reservation America for many years and except for a $5 reservation fee, there is no membership fee. I just was on their website and read thru the policies and there is nothing about membership fees so if you saw something, it was not part of the booking for a camping reservation.
Yes, I stand corrected. Thanks. I think it only applied if you signed up for the Active Adventure package which was advertised which I did not OK.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:05 PM   #15

Model: Palazzo 33.2
THOR #8078
We used RA last month for our GA state park reservations. There was no yearly fee and no extra charges. However I assume the GA park system passes on the cost in their camping fees but its still a reasonable fee.