Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #21
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Magne Shades

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
what windshield and what color on magna shade?
They are for a 2016 Vegas/Axis and are brown in color. The dealer is expecting a model I am interested in in mid March but I want to test drive it before I commit. I do have a potential buyer for the shades but if he changes his mind I will let you know if your interested.

Kev

Old 02-12-2017, 06:16 PM   #22
Kev

THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Getting a second AC is dependent on what the dealer orders. Thor doesn't do custom builds, only what dealer orders, and these are paid for before the coach is built. The dealer I purchased from, MHSRV in Texas, always orders dual ACs, if available, due to the Texas heat.
SuperD

I respectively disagree with you on custom builds. That may be what MHSRV told you but I spoke to a Thor rep at the show because I was concerned the rear ladder on the Windsport wouldn't allow me to get my scooter on using the hitch carrier.
He told me that I could custom order one through my dealer w/o a ladder. Also my dealer had a 31S coming in but it only had 1 a/c. I told him after reading the forums I wanted 2 a/c's. I got a call from the dealer stating they called their Thor rep. and they would change their order and add a second a/c. The 31S comes standard with a 13,500 a/c with an option of a 15000 a/c or 2 13500 a/c's. The 2 a/c option also comes with a 5500 generator and 50 amps.

Kev
Old 02-12-2017, 09:13 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
THOR #1907
Kev congrats on the new coach. Sounds like you are getting the unit you really want. Best of luck with it and hope the test drive goes well.
Saw you from a distance at the Tampa show, but we're too far away to holler in that crowd. We are looking to go the opposite direction you are taking. Looking to downsize. Leisure Travel has some really awesome units. We shall see.��
Old 02-12-2017, 11:54 PM   #24

State: Illinois
THOR #5112
they have a short and long windshield is why i ask. my 2016 has the short. early models i was told have long. thanks
Old 02-13-2017, 12:53 AM   #25
Kev

THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS950 View Post
Kev congrats on the new coach. Sounds like you are getting the unit you really want. Best of luck with it and hope the test drive goes well.
Saw you from a distance at the Tampa show, but we're too far away to holler in that crowd. We are looking to go the opposite direction you are taking. Looking to downsize. Leisure Travel has some really awesome units. We shall see.��
I wish I saw you and I know what you mean about the crown it was crazy. I read 10,000 more people than last year. Funny we had a 28Z and downsized to the Vegas. We are happy with the Vegas but after going to the show, huge mistake, she decided she would like something a little bigger. As for me I think if the Vegas had 2 slides it would be fine for me. I am worried the 31S will be too big. Good talking to you.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:55 AM   #26
Kev

THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
they have a short and long windshield is why i ask. my 2016 has the short. early models i was told have long. thanks
I have a late 2016 on the 450 chassis. They changed the windshield design because they were cracking.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:45 AM   #27

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
SuperD

I respectively disagree with you on custom builds. That may be what MHSRV told you but I spoke to a Thor rep at the show because I was concerned the rear ladder on the Windsport wouldn't allow me to get my scooter on using the hitch carrier.
He told me that I could custom order one through my dealer w/o a ladder. Also my dealer had a 31S coming in but it only had 1 a/c. I told him after reading the forums I wanted 2 a/c's. I got a call from the dealer stating they called their Thor rep. and they would change their order and add a second a/c. The 31S comes standard with a 13,500 a/c with an option of a 15000 a/c or 2 13500 a/c's. The 2 a/c option also comes with a 5500 generator and 50 amps.

Kev
MSHRV didn't tell me about custom builds, something I learned dealing with Thor for many years, this is our second Thor. A dealer can request MHs built a specific way but depending on where Thor is in their production schedule it can take quite a while to have changes implemented to the original order.

A dealer would have to have already ordered a coach that was in the right position in the production cycle to allow changes to be made. I'm glad you are able to get what you want, sometimes that can be difficult!!!
Old 02-13-2017, 02:22 AM   #28

THOR #5112
that's what i have.guess i will order MS this week.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:44 AM   #29
Kev

THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
MSHRV didn't tell me about custom builds, something I learned dealing with Thor for many years, this is our second Thor. A dealer can request MHs built a specific way but depending on where Thor is in their production schedule it can take quite a while to have changes implemented to the original order.

A dealer would have to have already ordered a coach that was in the right position in the production cycle to allow changes to be made. I'm glad you are able to get what you want, sometimes that can be difficult!!!
This is our third Thor. I was just going by what the Thor rep. told me at the show. I considered the dealer ordering a Windsport w/o a ladder a special order since they don't come that way.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:12 AM   #30

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #5641
I have the ACE 30.1, does the magnets interfere with lowering the overhead bunk?
Old 05-04-2017, 04:44 PM   #31

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Magne Shades 24.1

Hello Kevin,

I took some pics of the new Magne Shades on the coach last weekend. We are very happy with them!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3029.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	4819   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3030.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	4820  

Old 05-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #32
Kev

THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Hello Kevin,

I took some pics of the new Magne Shades on the coach last weekend. We are very happy with them!

WOW looks great. Glad you are enjoying them.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:49 AM   #33

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Hello Kevin,

I saw you mention Magna shades in the other thread and when I did a search, I found these pictures (didn't want to ask my questions in the Sat radio thread).

In some other posts I had read that the magna shade doesn't go to the top on the Axis/Vegas, but it looks to me like it's going all the way to the top of the windshield. Does it go all the way to the top or is that deceptive and there is a 4" gap that isn't covered?

Also, can you see out during the day? What about at night? Can people see in at night if you don't have the inside screen down on the windscreen?
Old 07-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #34

Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
THOR #6507
kev,

I know what you mean...I was perfectly happy with my 33' TT and then I took my wife to a show in Tampa. That was the start of her desire to have a motor home. But, she did not want something too big .

I found myself going here and there looking at 32n's. Well, we ended up traveling to CW in Columbia, SC looking at another 32n. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your perspective, someone had just traded in a 2014 Windsport 34F and it was sitting beside the 32n. One look (and the washer/dyer) and she was sold. I said, what about the "not too big." She never answered that question. Long story short, we now own the 34F and we both LOVE IT.

Also, I love the way it drives.
Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
Old 07-03-2017, 12:29 PM   #35

Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
THOR #6507
Great photos of Magna Shades!

If anyone has some that they want to sell that will fit a Windsport 34f, please let me know.
Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
Old 07-03-2017, 03:20 PM   #36
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
THOR #7074
Hi, Your shades look AWESOME!! Do they block out any heat? Thank you.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043