Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2021, 08:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #24946
Cat. Conv.

I have a 2019 Four Winds 31W. Cat. Stolen.
Ford 450 E chassis.
Does anyone have a part # for a replacement cat. ??
The dealer here won t give that info. They tell me to call Ford or other places to find it. They know I will not have them install it because of the cost so service courtesy went away quickly.

Thanks

Old 09-24-2021, 08:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
That should be readily available on the Ford Parts website. Enter your VIN and then navigate to the appropriate section. You have the same resource available as the dealer.
Old 09-24-2021, 08:25 PM   #3

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
THOR #3610
A local exhaust shop should be able to get one, probably a hi flow aftermarket which may help fuel mileage & performance a tiny bit & likely cheaper than a Ford specific part.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:21 AM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
When mine was stolen I learned that the Ford part was about $1800 plus installation (and it was heavily back ordered). A local muffler shop said they could install a universal model for about $500 out the door. Since my coach only had about 6000 miles and my insurance deductible was $500 and it was winter I elected to go with the OE part. It was an easy bolt on installation but the insurance company insisted on having a shop do it. It cost them an extra $180 and could hardly have taken more than a half hour of easy labor.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:43 PM   #5

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Now before you install a new one look at theft deterrent ideas, several videos and articles. VIN etching and bright high temperature painting make it undesirable and risky for potential thief. It's a shame that local authorities around the country don't crack down on it but I can understand with all the police department "defund" trends, property theft becomes low priority.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:27 PM   #6

THOR #6826
After mine was stolen I purchased a deterrent product but a LEO friend suggested I NOT use it. He reports that annoyed BGs (already armed with a saw) under your vehicle are apt to vent their frustration by cutting wiring harnesses, fuel lines, brake lines or even the frame. He recommended parking in an area that is more secure than some others and then just letting the thief take what she’s after. That’s why we all have insurance. At least think about it….
Old 09-25-2021, 02:39 PM   #7

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
After mine was stolen I purchased a deterrent product but a LEO friend suggested I NOT use it. He reports that annoyed BGs (already armed with a saw) under your vehicle are apt to vent their frustration by cutting wiring harnesses, fuel lines, brake lines or even the frame. He recommended parking in an area that is more secure than some others and then just letting the thief take what she’s after. That’s why we all have insurance. At least think about it….
Yeah understand that thought but in many cases the scum bags are looking for quick in and out and seeing a deterrent are likely to go to an easier target down the line. If someone's looking to vandalize they will whether or not they are there to steal something too. I lock compartments when I'm away too. If someone was determined and had the time they would destroy the door to get in. But it protects against the more casual theft and someone who's wanting to be quick and quiet about it.

I hope that the meth head trying to steal a cat doesn't think the diesel DPF is a cat.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 09-25-2021, 03:08 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Yeah understand that thought but in many cases the scum bags are looking for quick in and out and seeing a deterrent are likely to go to an easier target down the line. If someone's looking to vandalize they will whether or not they are there to steal something too. I lock compartments when I'm away too. If someone was determined and had the time they would destroy the door to get in. But it protects against the more casual theft and someone who's wanting to be quick and quiet about it.

I hope that the meth head trying to steal a cat doesn't think the diesel DPF is a cat.
Since both of you guyz in Bama, may I suggest that PeteMH sells his theft device to Chunker21 at great price and problem solved

I have to admit that reading PeteMH's view over last few weeks had put the breaks on me buying one of the catstrap type deterrent devices. I have painted Orange with High Temp paint and I have purchased a cheap $25 motion siren that works really well, but kind of inconvenient to use. I also question how long the 2000F Spray paint will last. It was RED, now Orange, and looking like Yellow may be next. But you can see it pretty good as painted though.

I am getting to the point of accepting the fact that there is nothing I can do but keep my insurance current. I sure don't expect the police to be able top stop them. I blame the laws and judges. We are too nice to criminals is my point. If I had to park my RV in a known bad area, I may consider putting $100 in an envelope and ask the Thief to spare me.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:33 PM   #9

THOR #24946
Cat. Convert. Options

Any OE suggestions ?
I have been texting with these guys and they have been very helpful and informative.

https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/performance-catalytic-converter-vehicle-specific-universal-installation/thor-motor-coach-four-winds/powered-by-ford-6-8l-v10-triton---gas
Old 09-26-2021, 01:08 PM   #10

THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Since both of you guyz in Bama, may I suggest that PeteMH sells his theft device to Chunker21 at great price and problem solved

I have to admit that reading PeteMH's view over last few weeks had put the breaks on me buying one of the catstrap type deterrent devices. I have painted Orange with High Temp paint and I have purchased a cheap $25 motion siren that works really well, but kind of inconvenient to use. I also question how long the 2000F Spray paint will last. It was RED, now Orange, and looking like Yellow may be next. But you can see it pretty good as painted though.

I am getting to the point of accepting the fact that there is nothing I can do but keep my insurance current. I sure don't expect the police to be able top stop them. I blame the laws and judges. We are too nice to criminals is my point. If I had to park my RV in a known bad area, I may consider putting $100 in an envelope and ask the Thief to spare me.

I moved my coach to a, hopefully, more secure storage lot and I’m mostly counting on that. And, as a point of interest, I’m in Indiana and have tried to correct my profile about a dozen times and it always switches back to Alabama. Can anyone suggest an actual way to fix it?
Old 09-26-2021, 01:17 PM   #11
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
I moved my coach to a, hopefully, more secure storage lot and I’m mostly counting on that. And, as a point of interest, I’m in Indiana and have tried to correct my profile about a dozen times and it always switches back to Alabama. Can anyone suggest an actual way to fix it?
Are you clicking the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of that page after you make the change?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 01:41 PM   #12

THOR #13058
Quote:
Well Chunker is SOL .... He may wish to heed your advice anyway

I didn't know you could move from Alabama to Indiana, maybe Indiana to Alabama I use to live in Indianapolis for brief period of time. I really enjoyed Indy; I am big Colts fans but most folks don't recall or remember the Colts came from Baltimore. I started liking the Baltimore Colts when they beat the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl down in Miami. When the Colts moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis, I may have been the only die hard Colts fan that really like the move at the time.

Good luck with getting that profile corrected. Perception wise, there is a big difference between Alabama & Indiana, but Alabama has twice as many A's as Indiana
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 09-26-2021, 02:18 PM   #13

THOR #22586
Quote:
Well Chunker is SOL .... He may wish to heed your advice anyway

I didn't know you could move from Alabama to Indiana, maybe Indiana to Alabama I use to live in Indianapolis for brief period of time. I really enjoyed Indy; I am big Colts fans but most folks don't recall or remember the Colts came from Baltimore. I started liking the Baltimore Colts when they beat the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl down in Miami. When the Colts moved from Baltimore to Indianapolis, I may have been the only die hard Colts fan that really like the move at the time.

Good luck with getting that profile corrected. Perception wise, there is a big difference between Alabama & Indiana, but Alabama has twice as many A's as Indiana
Well unless they go after my truck or motorcycle, they are out of luck with the RV. Alabama has a lot of desirable features such as year round RVing and motorcycling. I save a ton on RV antifreeze and don't even own a windshield ice scraper.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 09-26-2021, 03:02 PM   #14

THOR #13058
Quote:
Well unless they go after my truck or motorcycle, they are out of luck with the RV. Alabama has a lot of desirable features such as year round RVing and motorcycling. I save a ton on RV antifreeze and don't even own a windshield ice scraper.
Do they still make windshield ice scrapers, and RV antifreeze is overrated

We spent our 2nd night in our new RV in Birmingham, Alabama. We boondocked on a street at a relative's house No Problems.

The picture was in Denver, CO (3/21) during the worst snowstorm of their century. We had to stay parked on the street for several days as all roads were closed. No cat converter stolen, No RV Antifreeze, No Windshield Ice Scraper, No extra propane tanks, no extra generator, no extra gasoline cans, and No Problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210314_134223.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	33879  
Old 09-26-2021, 05:16 PM   #15

THOR #22586
Quote:
Do they still make windshield ice scrapers, and RV antifreeze is overrated

We spent our 2nd night in our new RV in Birmingham, Alabama. We boondocked on a street at a relative's house No Problems.

The picture was in Denver, CO (3/21) during the worst snowstorm of their century. We had to stay parked on the street for several days as all roads were closed. No cat converter stolen, No RV Antifreeze, No Windshield Ice Scraper, No extra propane tanks, no extra generator, no extra gasoline cans, and No Problem.
I had one when I lived in WV and when I moved to AL it was with the stuff. A bunch of years ago a friend was going to NC mountains late fall/early winter and borrowed it. I never asked for it back. But I do have 2 sets of snow chains I've carried around for close to 40 years. I keep them to remind me where NOT to live.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 09-26-2021, 05:28 PM   #16

THOR #6826
Y’all laugh about living in Indiana but the spring, summer and fall are fabulous - and a lot more pleasant than most of the south. And one of the reasons we own an RV is to travel and we do enjoy being in warmer areas during the winter. AND, it’s only a short drive to my factory service center and they are terrific even now that I’m out of warranty. I’m good!
Old 09-26-2021, 06:03 PM   #17

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Are you clicking the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of that page after you make the change?
For kicks; I just tried to change my info to Indianapolis Indiana and it gave me below message "Your session has expired. Please login again."

I was a too afraid to logout to try to login again as I may not remember my password I got 100s of passwords and grow really frustrated with trying to keep up with them all. 80% of the accounts are on something that has almost no need for security or something simple to remember and use anyway.

Note: I don't need to change any info, I was just seeing if I could do. Had it worked, I would have put it back.
Old 09-26-2021, 11:35 PM   #18

THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post

Yup. It ALWAYS changes back to Alabama. I generally suppose nobody but me cares where I live so it’s not a big deal. It’s just peculiar.
Old 09-27-2021, 01:50 AM   #19

THOR #22586
Quote:
Yup. It ALWAYS changes back to Alabama. I generally suppose nobody but me cares where I live so it’s not a big deal. It’s just peculiar.
Hey Indiana is nice. My mom grew up in Peru and had great grand parents in Amboy. Fond memories going up there.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 09-30-2021, 04:33 PM   #20

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
Quote:
Hey Indiana is nice. My mom grew up in Peru and had great grand parents in Amboy. Fond memories going up there.
I agree, Indiana is very nice. So long as you avoid Gary and Indianapolis and a few other large city's where all the "thug types" live and routinely carry out their criminal mayhem. Those city's are easy to avoid anyway because they don't have any campgrounds or anything to see, unless you're a policeman looking for criminals. Lived here almost my entire life and don't see any crime in most of the state outside petty stuff that's everywhere.

We have French Lick, Covered Bridge Festival, Amish Country, Indiana Dunes, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, several great State Parks and I highly recommend a walking day on the grounds at Notre Dame University in South Bend Indiana. The campus and history there are amazing. Tons of campgrounds.

Remember: BACK HOME AGAIN IN INDIANA!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote