Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
LCI Hydraulic Leveler O-Rings - Keep Some Spares

I have an appointment with the dealer this week to get several warranty items addressed. One of them was a slight leak at the power unit assembly. I could not find anything obvious like a lose hose or fitting on my own so I figured I'd let the dealer handle it.

The leak had been getting progressively worse to the point on the last trip home I got a "Jacks Down" alarm. The leak had gotten so bad most of the fluid in the reservoir was gone.

When I got the coach home, I narrowed it down to one of the return hoses. It was a little loose this time and I did not like the angle of the hose and how Thor had it routed. I adjusted the hose, tightened it up and added some fluid. I thought I would have it fixed but no suck luck. The leak seemed even worse. So much so I was worried about driving it 2 hours to the dealer. I was thinking the hose fitting must have had a bad crimp from the factory.

I had emailed Thor a week ago about seeing if they would authorize a mobile tech. They usually respond in a day but they are obviously backed up after being shut down. I decided to take the return hose off at the the power unit to see if there was anything I could do with it.

At first, I thought there wasn't any o-ring when I removed the hose. I was thinking the guys at the factory didn't install it. But after closer inspection, it was inside the T-fitting but a section of it was all but missing. It must have been damaged when they were installing the hose. See the pic below.

I headed to the auto parts store and bought a small pack of Viton o-rings that had different sizes. Fortunately I found one that was just about the right size. I reassembled it, filled it with fluid and ran the levelers several times. It's now dry as a bone.

I ordered this Nitrile O-Ring kit that I am going to keep in the coach in case I run into this problem again while on the road.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just thought I would throw it out there in case anyone else wants to keep a few spare o-rings on hand should you ever have one fail.

Also.... since I was down so much fluid, I decided to add some of the Lippert recommended hydraulic anti-stiction additive to keep the levelers from making noise when retracting. I also got that on Amazon.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6826.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	24094