Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2022, 06:11 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
The discussion on batteries is always about as productive as one on oil selection. Buy what makes sense to you (and your bank account) and let other folks do the same. I’m really happy with my $80 Interstate flooded batteries equipped with a Flow-rite filler. But I understand switching to AGM or even lithium if you have high power demands and a big bank account.

Old 02-18-2022, 02:59 AM   #22

Model: Aria 3401
State: Texas
THOR #25110
Thanks for all of the suggestions. For now I got the cables loosened and rerouted so I can get to the caps fairly easily. Because of the compartment size and the recessed cell openings I can't use my battery filler. I have to use a small measuring cup and a mirror.

Has anyone ever mounted their batteries on a pull-out tray? I realize the acid fumes would be hard on the slides and bearings.

Thanks again.
Old 02-18-2022, 03:37 AM   #23

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
E-trailer has a couple options for pull out battery trays. You would need to change cables to make the system work. Tray runs $250 or so, then add the cost of the longer cables.
The Flow-rite battery fill kit for two twelve-volt FLA's can be had for $68, and the hand pump is another $25 on Amazon. When we installed ours a couple years ago the price was around $80 for the whole system.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 12:47 PM   #24

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBob View Post
Working my way through maintenance items on a recently acquired 2018 Aria 3401. Went to check the water on the house batteries and I can only get one cap out of 8 off because the cables are in the way. They are supposed to be less than a year old so replacement with AGM is not going to happen soon (hopefully). I'm going to see about repositioning cables but wanted to reach out and see what y'all do if you have a similar set up. Thanks
we have enjoyed our ARIA. I ended up with the flow rite and made life easier. Take more time to remember where I put the water jug than to tipoff the batteries. BTW: Once a Chief always a Chief.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote