Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2021, 07:20 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Texas
THOR #5206
Hatwate I also have a ‘16 Thor ACE 30.1 with a Honeywell digital that I installed. I have the same problem you are describing. It doesn’t happen every time the heater runs. Actually not very often. It’s like the heater isn’t listening to the thermostat. The system will be running fine and I will wake up in the middle of the night and find the temperature to be 60 when the thermostat is set for 70 and the thermostat thinks it’s asking for the heater to run. I have discovered that if I lower the set point to below the current temp it will stop asking the heater to run and then raise the set point back up the furnace will run. Usually that’s all it takes but sometimes I have to do that a couple of times before the temperature gets back to normal. The thermostat and the control board have both been replaced. I’m also stumped about what to do.

Old 12-26-2021, 08:05 PM   #42

Model: A.C.E. 30.1
State: Nebraska
THOR #3161
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastellman View Post
Hatwate I also have a ‘16 Thor ACE 30.1 with a Honeywell digital that I installed. I have the same problem you are describing. It doesn’t happen every time the heater runs. Actually not very often. It’s like the heater isn’t listening to the thermostat. The system will be running fine and I will wake up in the middle of the night and find the temperature to be 60 when the thermostat is set for 70 and the thermostat thinks it’s asking for the heater to run. I have discovered that if I lower the set point to below the current temp it will stop asking the heater to run and then raise the set point back up the furnace will run. Usually that’s all it takes but sometimes I have to do that a couple of times before the temperature gets back to normal. The thermostat and the control board have both been replaced. I’m also stumped about what to do.
Thank you! I was beginning to think I am the problem. I usually just turn it off and back on to get it to work but it sounds exactly like our problem. We have a Colman Mach thermostat so does that rule out the thermostat?
Old 12-26-2021, 11:00 PM   #43

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastellman View Post

Our bmpro temp was off. Did software update fix.
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 12:11 AM   #44

THOR #3161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Our bmpro temp was off. Did software update fix.
I have no idea what that is. Can u help me understand. Does every ace 30.1 have one?
Old 12-27-2021, 12:20 AM   #45
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatwate View Post
I have no idea what that is. Can u help me understand. Does every ace 30.1 have one?
Doesn't apply to your MH.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 04:57 PM   #46

Model: Quantum 29kw
State: California
THOR #24729
I am having basically the same issue. I have replaced the circuit board. Didn’t help.
Heater works great as long as the blower is running. I can hear a click coming from the thermostat
Once the temp is reached and the blower shuts off the heater won’t come back on regardless of the room temp unless I manually turn it from heat to off then back to heat, slide the slider all the way off and back on, or use the reset switch. Once the blower goes off I don’t hear and clicks from the thermostat until I reset
Then the heater will work fine until the temp is reached and the blower shuts off

Sure hope we can find the issue. Thanks
Old 01-10-2022, 05:20 PM   #47

THOR #3161
I’ll post whenever we get it figured out. Problem is that it is intermittent. For example it has worked fine for the past 3-4 days.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:24 PM   #48

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
I’ll post whenever we get it figured out. Problem is that it is intermittent. For example it has worked fine for the past 3-4 days.
My guess is the thermostat it works fine until it doesn't the only thing your touching is the thermostat
Old 01-10-2022, 05:41 PM   #49

THOR #24729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
My guess is the thermostat it works fine until it doesn't the only thing your touching is the thermostat
I’ve thought about the thermostat but I can use the reset switch on the outside and it will work without touching the thermostat. (I’m not saying that isn’t the problem)
Thanks
Old 01-10-2022, 05:53 PM   #50

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepman1 View Post
I’ve thought about the thermostat but I can use the reset switch on the outside and it will work without touching the thermostat. (I’m not saying that isn’t the problem)
Thanks
Is this a new thermostat? if it is I would put in the old one and see if it makes a difference
Old 01-10-2022, 06:01 PM   #51

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Quote:
We have the same problem, runs once, shuts off doesn't restart BUT we hve this thermostat.

It's been working OK since I took the cover off to get the part #..
I put it back on once failed after 1 run
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220110_114442.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	35592  
Old 01-10-2022, 06:31 PM   #52

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post
We have the same problem, runs once, shuts off doesn't restart BUT we hve this thermostat.

I thought about getting a digital thermostat for mine but I'm waiting to see what the problem is
Old 01-10-2022, 06:36 PM   #53

THOR #20274
Quote:

Did you try wiggling the wires while its running to see if anything is loose or the wire has a break in it
Old 01-10-2022, 07:31 PM   #54

THOR #24729
It’s the same thermostat that came with the Rv in 2020. I did wiggle the wires too
Old 01-10-2022, 08:58 PM   #55

THOR #20274
Quote:
It’s the same thermostat that came with the Rv in 2020. I did wiggle the wires too
Boy, I don't have any other ideas, hopefully someone here will come up with something
Old 01-10-2022, 11:54 PM   #56

THOR #20274
Quote:

I have an Idea if the heater isn't turning on go check down at the furnace and see if the thermostat is providing power to the two wires at the furnace. If there isn't 12 volts at the furnace it's the Thermostat. If there is 12 volts at the furnace it's something at the board
Old 01-11-2022, 04:18 AM   #57

THOR #24729
Quote:
I have an Idea if the heater isn't turning on go check down at the furnace and see if the thermostat is providing power to the two wires at the furnace. If there isn't 12 volts at the furnace it's the Thermostat. If there is 12 volts at the furnace it's something at the board
Any idea what wires to test at the furnace for the thermostat ? Can’t find a wiring diagram.

@ Hatwate, don’t mean to hack your thread. Hope you don’t mind.
Old 01-11-2022, 04:46 AM   #58
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Any idea what wires to test at the furnace for the thermostat ? Can’t find a wiring diagram.

@ Hatwate, don’t mean to hack your thread. Hope you don’t mind.
Did you look in the manual? The schematic for the Atwood furnaces is well documented.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 05:15 AM   #59

THOR #24729
I have a manual but not that one. Mine doesn’t show any wiring. Thanks
Old 01-11-2022, 04:59 PM   #60

THOR #24729
Quote:
I have a manual but not that one. Mine doesn’t show any wiring. Thanks
Quote:
We have a 2016 ACE 30.1. Our furnace will run fine for several hours then stop producing heat (actual temperature displayed at thermostat drops below setting on thermostat). Even turning up the thermostat does not restart the heat it makes no attempt to start. When we turn it off & back on (off/on on thermostat), it begins producing heat again just fine. Over the past year we have had all the possible culprits replaced and it has been impossible to produce it with the repair person on site. Thi started when we switched from analog to digital and I believe we have replaced it once since. Any thoughts?

This has been edited to reflect questions asked by responders
Which furnace do you have? Mine is Dometic DFMD30.
I think they are all basically the same. Hope we get this figured out soon.
Thanks