Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-01-2021, 09:31 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Ontario
Posts: 15
THOR #20852
Lippert Slide code fault

Hello everybody! I have a slide out code fault on my 2017 Vegas 25.2. I noticed it while I was getting my rig ready for the season. The slide out control module is flashing red, nine times. According to the list on the module, it says Hall Pwr Short to Gnd. Some kind of ground fault. I tested the slide last week and it was working fine. I did change the the 30-Amp when I discovered the fault. Any ideas?Click image for larger version

Name:	20210501_165051.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	30182

__________________
Terhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:22 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
Posts: 1,272
THOR #2631
I am not a slide expert by any stretch, but until the experts chime in I believe that this error can typically sometimes imply a broken wire or connection at one of the slide motors. But, I am wondering if you are actually having any problems operating the slide or just noticed your controller blinking this code? Make sure your coach battery is charged or on shore power and if the slide is actually working normally, ensure that you hold the in/out button in its operated position for about 5 seconds after the slide stops moving in or out at its normal travel limits, before releasing the switch. This helps ensure the controller is in sync for both slide motors. A full in out cycle might actually clear that code.
If you are having actual slide operating problems, like one motor only operating (so the slide is jamming), then you should not apply further power until you investigate why, or more serious damage can result.
You said you changed the 30 amp......did you mean you turned off the use/store switch powering the coach? You will need to turn that back on in order to determine if the slide actually has a problem or not.....unless you have already confirmed a problem other than the blinking code.
__________________
javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:23 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
Posts: 2,662
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terhen View Post
Hello everybody! I have a slide out code fault on my 2017 Vegas 25.2. I noticed it while I was getting my rig ready for the season. The slide out control module is flashing red, nine times. According to the list on the module, it says Hall Pwr Short to Gnd. Some kind of ground fault. I tested the slide last week and it was working fine. I did change the the 30-Amp when I discovered the fault. Any ideas?Attachment 30182
Usually, one of the motor cable has become chafed by rubbing on the lower tracks. The Hall effect sensors in the motors send pulses to the controller based on the motors speed. The controller uses this comparison to decrease the voltage to the faster motor to keep the motors in sync. You can put the controller into emergency override and move the slide; however, emergency override removes all of the safety features of the controller. This can easily cause the slide to cock when moving.

<https://support.lci1.com/documents/i...e-out-assembly>
__________________
Jim & Roy Davis
2016 Hurricane 31S
1961 Rampside in tow
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:07 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Ontario
Posts: 15
THOR #20852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Usually, one of the motor cable has become chafed by rubbing on the lower tracks. The Hall effect sensors in the motors send pulses to the controller based on the motors speed. The controller uses this comparison to decrease the voltage to the faster motor to keep the motors in sync. You can put the controller into emergency override and move the slide; however, emergency override removes all of the safety features of the controller. This can easily cause the slide to cock when moving.

&lt;https://support.lci1.com/documents/i...e-out-assembly&gt;
I haven't actually tried to put the slide out after discovering the fault. I was a little nervous about that. This is the first unit that I owned with a slide. For troubleshooting purposes should I try extending the slide or will that cause it to jam in the tracks?
__________________
Terhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:13 AM   #5
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 5,773
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terhen View Post
I haven't actually tried to put the slide out after discovering the fault. I was a little nervous about that. This is the first unit that I owned with a slide. For troubleshooting purposes should I try extending the slide or will that cause it to jam in the tracks?
Have you tried unplugging the controller for a few minutes and then plugging it back in to see if the fault clears?
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:18 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
Posts: 2,662
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Have you tried unplugging the controller for a few minutes and then plugging it back in to see if the fault clears?
If you press the extent/retract switch twice in rapid succession, it will reset the controller and clear the fault. If it is a true fault it will reoccur when you try to move the slide.
__________________
Jim & Roy Davis
2016 Hurricane 31S
1961 Rampside in tow
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:25 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
Posts: 122
THOR #21278
I had the same error code once when I plugged in my RV to my residential outlet using an adapter. I called THOR and tech advised me to do what Beau suggested above. But I was told to do it 6x. Give it a try. I had to reset both slide out errors using that method.
__________________
2021 Thor ACE 33.1
2015 Forest River Forester 2861DS
2012 Milan Eclipse
ador is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:19 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Ontario
Posts: 15
THOR #20852
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
I had the same error code once when I plugged in my RV to my residential outlet using an adapter. I called THOR and tech advised me to do what Beau suggested above. But I was told to do it 6x. Give it a try. I had to reset both slide out errors using that method.
This morning I cleared the fault code on my Vegas. I pushed the extend/retract button 6 times quickly, as suggested. It worked! I ran the slide in and out five times and and everything is good. Thanks to everyone that responded to my problem. The people in this forum are awesome!
__________________
Terhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:01 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
Posts: 122
THOR #21278
Glad it worked out for you. And yes. People are very helpful in this forum.
__________________
2021 Thor ACE 33.1
2015 Forest River Forester 2861DS
2012 Milan Eclipse
ador is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2