Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2021, 08:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #24431
Thor 2022 KW29 Septic Connection Pipe Issue

I just got a 2022 Thor KW29 and the septic pipe and connection (black and grey water) runs at the back of the rig and is lower than the skid plates. You can't go in and out of a parking lot or gas station without dragging it and pressing it up into the bottom of the rig. I've only been on one trip and its 100% going to get broken even though I'm super careful not to go over any steep bumps or inclines. I chose my gas stations specifically by how flat the entrance was. It seems to be a horrible engineering decision so I wanted to see if anyone has ideas on how to address it. I'm thinking it will need to have the pipes re-run or a skid plate installed below the pipes... but Im new to all this.