Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2016, 04:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: North Carolina
THOR #3325
Propane furnace not staying on

I am a month old owner and trying to get my furnace to stay on. The 2016 Miramar is producing hot water and stove works fine. Furnace comes on, runs for a minute and then shuts off. The only way to start it again is to turn it off and on again on the panel.

Any ideas ?....kind of cold right now.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:58 PM   #2

Model: ACE 29.2
THOR #2260
Mine is doing the same thing. Are you hearing the firing of the gas and then that will go out after 3 or so tries and then the fan eventually turns off?
Old 01-19-2016, 05:23 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
I had same issue on a new coach, furnace would start up, blower would blow cold air for approx 45-60 seconds, then shut off. It was a little cold morning, 35-38 deg. Over the phone the technician thought it may be a bad igniter. Once I arrived at the shop, it fired right up!?! The consensus was there may have been some air in the line and that it needed to be burped out!

It's been a couple of weeks and it's working just fine now!
Old 01-19-2016, 06:54 PM   #4

Brand: Entegra
Model: 34B
State: New Jersey
THOR #3523
is this the first time you used it? If so could be some air try cycling 3 or 4 times should be clear by then
Old 03-06-2016, 03:26 PM   #5

THOR #3325
So last week I turned the heat on and it all worked great. Turn it on today and I have the same issues. Of course all Thor is closed up for the day, so I am turning to this board for help.

I have cycled the heat a few times with no results. Any ideas on how to clear the lines? I am heading out today and would like to have heat.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRider View Post
So last week I turned the heat on and it all worked great. Turn it on today and I have the same issues. Of course all Thor is closed up for the day, so I am turning to this board for help.

I have cycled the heat a few times with no results. Any ideas on how to clear the lines? I am heading out today and would like to have heat.

Thanks in advance.
Have you tried lighting the stove? If so does it have adequate propane flow?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #7

THOR #3325
Yes Stove works fine.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:03 PM   #8

Model: Miramar 33.5
THOR #578
I just had the issue again this past Thursday. The heater would cycle on and off, and would not start. Hot water heater would not cycle on as well. I turned both off, and turned stove on. All three burners ran for about 15 seconds, then went out.

I turned everything off and waited approx 15 minutes, then started with the stove. I turned it on, all three burners fired right off. I let them run for a few minutes, 3-4. I then started up the heater, it fired right up and has been running every since. We've been camping since Thursday, going home today.

This seems to work in getting my gas flowing again!!

Brian
Old 03-06-2016, 05:06 PM   #9

THOR #3325
Thanks. I must have an issue somewhere as I tried the above and even hooked up the BBQ to make sure gas was flowing but no luck with the heater.

I'll keep trying ...
Old 03-07-2016, 12:58 AM   #10

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
THOR #3195
Mine was cycling as well, on 5 minutes, then off, then 2 minutes later would turn back on, same thing over and over. Found a vent line was kinked. I suspected this because I was getting very little heat in the bathroom. This was forcing the heater to overheat, and with that it automatically turns off until it resets and starts again. After the line was repaired, I had no problems. Just a thought for you to check.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:17 PM   #11

THOR #3325
It was the Oven!. So lessons learned - turn on all the gas appliances. I tried the stove as Yosemitebob's post above but did not light the oven. This morning, my wife turned the oven on and the heat kicked right on.

Thanks for all the posts on this topic. Hopefully the resolution will help someone down the road.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #12

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
THOR #3195
Thank you LDRider, but that was not me credit must go to Brian for that Sure glad it's all good now. I'll sure keep this in mind.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #13

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
I had trouble with our Hurricane 27K. Ended up purging the propane tank of all air with moisture and refilled. Will find out in two weeks if it helped. Another guy posted the attached that explains what is happening.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Propane Freeze-up d450146t012.pdf (252.4 KB, 91 views)
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #14

Model: 37KT
State: Illinois
THOR #978
I ran into something like that. The heat would come on then go off.(3 times) I checked the book and that didn't help. I removed the outside cover and found water in the area of the circuit card. After drying, everything was ok until the next rain. Again, I took the cover off and there was water. I installed additional seal around the cover and that solved the problem. Water was getting into the area of the circuit card and would not work until the sun/heat after the rain dried the area. the card was not shorting out due to the wetness,
Old 03-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #15

Model: ACE 29.2
THOR #2260
Update

The cause of mine turned out to be the regulator. It also was my fault it failed. I had added a Camco LP Tree to the setup and didn't extend the shelf to protect the vent in the regulator from road spray. It successfully clogged that vent enough that there wasn't enough flow for the heat. Everything else worked fine. A replacement regulator fixed the problem.