Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2020, 11:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
Wiper problems

I’m currently in Kansas and encountered a problem today with the wiper on the passenger side of my Axis. It moves completely off the windshield when traveling at speed. When I stop it travels to the very edge and slightly off of the windshield but at speed the wind pushes it further.
I’m stopped at a very small RV park and the owner says he doesn’t know of any RV repair service that would come take a look at it.
Is this an easy fix that I could do myself or should I try to find a RV repair service?
Thanks

Old 08-07-2020, 03:37 AM   #2

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Texas
THOR #3182
My only experience with a wiper problem was actually part of a recall. The main, large nut on the inside of the front compartment that holds the wipers in place had worked loose which was what the recall was for.
I heard their fix was to simply put locktite on the thread and re-tighten the nut so I did it myself.

If your main wiper shaft through the front area appears loose then you might look back behind the bulkhead to see if the large nut has worked loose, better check both sides while you're at it. Both of ours were loose but only the passenger's side wasn't making contact with the window.

good luck
Old 08-26-2020, 08:41 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 35C
State: Colorado
THOR #18425
Same

We have had the same problem on our 2017 Windsport 35c and they are replacing the entire wiper assembly since it “ torqued” from this happening. Thor has denied any recall ( only earlier years) even though it is the same design flaw from the earlier recall. Thank goodness for extended warranty coverage, I think just the part was $500. and we haven’t seen labor costs since it goes in next week.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:46 PM   #4

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
I’m currently in Kansas and encountered a problem today with the wiper on the passenger side of my Axis. It moves completely off the windshield when traveling at speed. When I stop it travels to the very edge and slightly off of the windshield but at speed the wind pushes it further.
I’m stopped at a very small RV park and the owner says he doesn’t know of any RV repair service that would come take a look at it.
Is this an easy fix that I could do myself or should I try to find a RV repair service?
Thanks
Try pulling it and moving it on the splines, could help in the short term at least