Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2021, 11:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #22496
Unhappy Thor Vegas/Axis 2019 25.6 - Need to locate water pump access

Help! All of a sudden, when we turn on our water pump, it runs constantly and has a clicking noise. We don't hear any water running or dripping, the water pressure has remained normal, but it just never shuts off. We'd like to be able to access the water pump just to be able to see if it's leaking and causing damage, and if it's something simple like a loose hose or something, we'd like to be able to fix it without taking it to the dealer. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? We've followed the sound, and thought it might be under the shower (no dice). It sounds like it could be under the bed, but there's no easy access panel and that seems strange since the bed moves with the slide. We've only had the RV since late summer so every maintenance issue is a new learning curve for us. Most everything we've been able to figure out fix, but this one is stumping us.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:17 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Look in or below your rear closet.

Maybe pull out one of the drawers below the closet.

I would bet the water pump is there.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 12:22 AM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
I think Jamie's pointing you in the right direction.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:42 AM   #4

THOR #22492
If you remove the outdoor shower assembly, you will find not only the water pump, but the winterizer bypass valve.
I’m having a custom door installed around the outdoor shower assembly to make access easy year to year.
Btw
I’ve fixed every problem with my Axis 25.6 so far. I’ll be sharing all of my fixes a bit later.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:28 AM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanh9 View Post
If you remove the outdoor shower assembly, you will find not only the water pump, but the winterizer bypass valve.
Iím having a custom door installed around the outdoor shower assembly to make access easy year to year.
Btw
Iíve fixed every problem with my Axis 25.6 so far. Iíll be sharing all of my fixes a bit later.
Welcome to the site.

Seems like Thor would make an easier access point inside the RV than to have to remove the outdoor shower assembly.

With the pump being at the far right (facing the back) of the rear it would seem the easiest thing to do would be to remove the lower right drawer and you'd see it under there.

If there is a panel below the drawer look for screws. Thor usually staples panels in except ones that are meant to be removed--then they have screws.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:40 PM   #6

THOR #22492
I’ve been the route of trying to remove panels, drawers, etc. It’s sitting right here behind the outdoor shower. If you happen to have an extremely long, thin arm , you can touch it by removing the top right drawer, facing back, it’s useless to try to access it that way.
Later on I will list the myriad of things that needed repair or rebuilding on our Axis 25.6. Also, how each was accomplished.
In the end, there is no better layout for a short coach than the 25.6, in my opinion. We simply decided it was better to fix stuff and keep the coach.
The end result has been very rewarding.
The journey has been down right awful!
Old 03-14-2021, 12:32 PM   #7

THOR #16003
I found the pump under the jackknife couch while removing the couch to have it covered. The shut off for the water tank is there too.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #8
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by The bobo View Post
I found the pump under the jackknife couch while removing the couch to have it covered. The shut off for the water tank is there too.
The subject coach is a 25.6. Is that what you have?
Old 03-14-2021, 04:11 PM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
The subject coach is a 25.6. Is that what yo have?
From this post it looks like Bobo has a 25.5:
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f3...tml#post194944
Old 03-14-2021, 05:08 PM   #10
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
From this post it looks like Bobo has a 25.5:
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f3...tml#post194944
Sooo, N/A to this thread........
Old 03-17-2021, 06:39 PM   #11

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
I think that Thor should talk to us users of their products before the genius designer/engineers start to locate where they stick important components or have the genius`s try to fix a problem where they put them. Case in point where the controller for my slide is only visible by taking the outdoor shower apart, hopefully I will not have to do that
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23 TB
Old 03-17-2021, 07:58 PM   #12

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Arizona
THOR #19334
Location of Water Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by raganfore View Post
Help! All of a sudden, when we turn on our water pump, it runs constantly and has a clicking noise. We don't hear any water running or dripping, the water pressure has remained normal, but it just never shuts off. We'd like to be able to access the water pump just to be able to see if it's leaking and causing damage, and if it's something simple like a loose hose or something, we'd like to be able to fix it without taking it to the dealer. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? We've followed the sound, and thought it might be under the shower (no dice). It sounds like it could be under the bed, but there's no easy access panel and that seems strange since the bed moves with the slide. We've only had the RV since late summer so every maintenance issue is a new learning curve for us. Most everything we've been able to figure out fix, but this one is stumping us.
I have the Axis 27.7. I finally located my water pump behind the wall in the storage compartment next to the dump compartment. If yours is not there call Thor and ask them to email you the plumbing schematic layout for your RV.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:59 AM   #13

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: Louisiana
THOR #14398
I have a 2018 Vegas 25.6. I discovered that the “funky” part of the rear wall, under the drawers, that looks sort of like a magazine rack, is held in place by 2 screws. If you look “inside” the rack along the left and right sides you should see the screw heads. Remove these screws and you can pull the “rack” forward. The slide does need to be open. Once removed you can see the fresh water holding tank and the pump behind it. I didn’t need to access the pump, so I don’t know if you have to remove the fresh water tank or not.
Hope this helps. If you need, I can get you some pics of where I found the screws on my unit.
Good luck.
Mike

Tags
access panel, thor, vegas 25.6, water pump