Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2021, 02:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #21704
Touch up paint----New Quantum decals

Looking for help making my Quantum 2016 ws31 look better ??

Last trip caused my decals on the overhang "Quantum" lettering to begin showing the wear and cracks.

Is there any recommendation where to get the same replacements so I can remove and replace the exact letters.

Also, I scratched the back rail near the ladder and am looking where to find touch up paint for small scrapes before metal starts to rust.

Help is really appreciated

Thanks Quantum

Old 08-26-2021, 03:23 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Looking for help making my Quantum 2016 ws31 look better ??

Last trip caused my decals on the overhang "Quantum" lettering to begin showing the wear and cracks.

Is there any recommendation where to get the same replacements so I can remove and replace the exact letters.

Also, I scratched the back rail near the ladder and am looking where to find touch up paint for small scrapes before metal starts to rust.

Help is really appreciated

Thanks Quantum
Thor only keeps current decals for about a model year. Best to go to a sign shop and have yours duplicated. The touch-up bottles are usually included in the black Thor MC bag. If it like my coach, the paint has faded considerably; so it would be best to go ro a custom truck paint shop and have them match the color as it exist and not use the original color. Until 2019 Thor MC did not have a paint shop, but sent the coaches to a custom point shop so the usually to not have a list of colors used on your coach.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 11:15 PM   #3

Model: Quantum WS31
State: Washington
THOR #27401
The sample provided by TMC with the info pack has a number that most automotive stores (NAPA/O'Reilly's/etc.) use to recreate the colors in spray cans. I also found some on Amazon/WalMart using the paint number from that sheet.

For example, my paint sample is "DM120 Black" and I found it at: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0B4GT4B...roduct_details with primer and clear coat!

Remember - Surface preparation and proper finishing/polishing are processes that cannot be skipped when painting!
Old 07-20-2022, 04:03 AM   #4

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMikey59 View Post
The sample provided by TMC with the info pack has a number that most automotive stores (NAPA/O'Reilly's/etc.) use to recreate the colors in spray cans. I also found some on Amazon/WalMart using the paint number from that sheet.

For example, my paint sample is "DM120 Black" and I found it at: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0B4GT4B...roduct_details with primer and clear coat!

Remember - Surface preparation and proper finishing/polishing are processes that cannot be skipped when painting!
I went this route with primer/paint/clear coat for my 2001 Jeep Wrangler... it matched perfectly, even after 20+ years.

And you are absolutely correct on preparation! I wet sanded and polished mine... and fading/blending with existing paint is crucial. My body work wasn't perfect, but the paint looks like factory original!