Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2022, 07:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #27661
A/C issue

So I recently purchased 2 Dometic A/C units for my 03 Thor Hurricane 32’…
The old Coleman Mach rear one has had issues and I just finished the physical install of said Dometic. Upon completion I’ve discovered there’s no 110v to the unit as well as the Auto Transfer Switches. This is confusing to me as the front A/C comes on. (It’s still struggling and as old as it is… it requires R22)
I’ve tested all the fuses at the breaker box under the bed.
Why am I not receiving power at the black and white 110 supply to both ATS’s or the rear unit?
Is there an inline fuse somewhere?

I have a new Converter because I had other issues. Turned out I needed new Deep Cycle batteries.

The generator runs fine but the first evening with both Air cond running it tripped the 30amp breaker on the Gen.

I’m currently hooked up to shoreline power

Old 08-12-2022, 09:38 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
A couple of points:

Anything using 120 VAC uses breakers, not fuses. Trip and reset all breakers to insure you don't have one that's tripped but doesn't appear tripped.

Very few RVs, especially in your time frame. had 2 A/Cs installed on a 30 amp SP/Generator system. If the rear A/C was an "add-on" there's no telling where it is supposed to be powered from. It may have its own breaker somewhere (not in the main power panel) or even it's own SP connection.

"both ATS’s"?? There should only be one ATS that switches between SP and the generator. Some aftermarket ATSs may be installed if you have an inverter without an integrated ATS.

There may also be a load-shedding relay that removes power from the rear A/C when another large load is running.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote