Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 08:10 PM   #5
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Truly saddened that you are so dissatisfied. I pretty much gave up on the warranty during the PDI. It just seems much easier to fix things myself. These things are not rocket ships and my repairs (at least so far) have been pretty straightforward. Although I’ve not had any leaks on my current coach, I know from previous RVs that leaks are common yet pretty easy to track down and repair. BTW I think the 90 day roof warranty is because roof maintenance is required at about that frequency. They rarely tell you this when you buy but you should do it - for reasons you already know. It’s not difficult. Just go up and on your hands and knees inspect the entire roof very carefully. Any suspect areas should be treated to additional sealant. Use the correct self leveling RV roof product and not silicone or tape.

I’ve also noticed that most quality related problems are really assembly issues. Once they are corrected it’s likely that your coach will give many years of good service. Hope you come to enjoy the whole experience.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum