Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
The newer dive in pumps do create a problem for longer gas RV's. My RV is 36' plus the Wrangler toad. My gas tank is on the rear of the motorhome. That means I have to be 36' past the pump in order to fuel, which can put my RV at the store's front sidewalk. I have found if a station has double stack pumps I can fuel from the pump furthest from the store front and still be able to swing out and around to get out. I always pull in to the outside pumps on the right...this allows me to either choose that side or loop around to the other side facing out. If I can't get to either side I simply pull on out and try another station. I have never had to disconnect to toad to get out by using this system and looking ahead. Good luck!
Even with our seemingly short 24 footer we'll still block both pumps when we're pulling a toad. The fuel filler is right behind the rear wheels on the driver's side which means if I pull forward enough to the 2nd pump the toad is blocking the first set and if I try to use the 1st pump the RV will block the 2nd pump. Just no way around it at a standard gas station.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum