Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 09:21 PM   #1296
Oldchief

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Another mini-project finished: Installed the voltmeter/USB charger. Adding this brings the # of USB charge plugs in our RV up to 12 (8 of them are 2+ Amps)--if you can't find an open spot to charge your device in our unit you aren't looking hard enough. Now I have a permanent 12V meter on the dash (looks like those plugs are connected to the chassis battery).

As a bonus the spade connectors fit the USB charger perfectly--all I had to do was unplug the 12V socket and plug in the USB charger.

Yes the Dremel made quick work of the hole but none of you mentioned the mess it would make LOL. 20,000 RPM shoots that stuff everywhere! We'll be finding black bits of plastic for a few seasons now.
Attachment 8617
Attachment 8618

I have a similar looking plug-in adapter in our Axis. Mine has 3 12v cigarette lighter type outlets plus some USB charging ports. I tried mounting plug box under the dash pocket that your cell phone is pictured in but the mounting tape strip supplied with the unit, along with 2 additional velcrow tabs didn't hold it and it came lose on our last trip with the Axis. I'd like to secure the plug box with a couple of screws but not sure there's room for that. Could also maybe fashion some sort of bracket to hold the plug box under the center dash panel. Where and how did you mount the plug box?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum