Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 09:58 AM   #2582
hockeygoonnorm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Virginia
THOR #10622
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Another mod this morning

I bought a progressive industries hard wired surge protector/electrical management system

Had to disconnect the shore power wiring going into the transfer switch. This wire hoked into in incoming side of the unit. Ran 10 guage from the out going side into the transfer switch

This puts the prorector in line from the shore power to the transfer switch

Ran the display meter cable behind the fuse/breaker box and up just above. Cant see the cable which is nice

Ill take a black magic marker to cover the bolt and washer

Couple if pics
Jerry,
I see from your pictures that Thor installed your inverter under the bed with the rest of the electrical stuff. I'm wondering if the fan noise is noticeable at night?

They installed mine in the top of a basement bin blocking the pass-through storage. I'm considering moving it under the bed but I have two concerns:
1) noise - we have a residential fridge so the inverter is always on when not connected to shore power or generator.
2) heat - the under the bed location is a fairly small enclosed area. I'm worried there might be alot of heat buildup. On the other hand, the basement gets pretty hot during the summer too.

Thanks.
-norm

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum