Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 05:58 PM   #9
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich&Cathy View Post
Thx Denver my tow dolly has a 7 pin round plug and my coach has the same. The cover that keeps dirt out when not in use on coach has the pin descriptions on it. My dolly has lights but I like the toad to have lights too. Should be an easy fix by tapping into the dolly lighting wires and our toad wires. Then just terminate each one with a 4 pin plug one male one female and lights should work. That's my hope lol
Careful just tapping into the toad wires, depending on the vehicle it can backfeed and ruin electronics. Best bet is go to etrailer and buy a tow harness. If you do decide to just tap into the lines, do a google search and make sure you dont need diodes installed. Newer cars use much thinner wires and just send a minute signal to activate lights unlike the older cars running 14 ga wires to all the lights.
We use to tow a 2015 Honda Fit on a dolly and the tow harness was a breeze.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum