Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #2653
jdharrington

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M, 50Amp
State: Louisiana
THOR #10418
Quote:
Originally Posted by campinking View Post
Just pick up my 2018 29M Windsport today. Did anyone have an issue with wind noise coming from the front windshield area? I had a strong headwind on the way home and at speeds over 35MPH there was a loud wind noise. Looked around the internet and some people say it might be the mirrors out to far? I did push them out to adjust them. I can't believe how some things get past inspection. There are 2 blocks fiberglassed on the the underside of the engine hood that the lift brackets attach to, one block was placed over an inch lower than the other and the hood does not close on the one side because it hits the opening. They are either going to try and trim the block or order a new hood. The outside has a few deep scratches / chips in the fiberglass and a decal that is peeling off. Also the steering wheel was not centered and needs to get a front end alignment. Taking it out this week for a maiden voyage then back to the dealer on Monday for the repairs.
Chris, we picked up our 2018 Windsport 29M in November 2017 and the steering wheel was not centered on our also. The dealer promised when we were negotiating the deal that it just needed an alignment and they would take care of it. Sad to say, here it is February 2018 and the issue is still there. First thing the dealer did was take it in for an alignment and the service center said the alignment was fine. They said what is needed is for the steering to be removed from the gear box and realigned and that it would be a Ford Warranty issue and I needed to call a Ford Service center to get it fixed.

I've called Ford Service centers and found some that won't even touch it and some say that they can adjust it, but that Ford will not cover it because Thor removes the steering column when installing the rig on the chassis. I have an appointment with one of the Ford Dealers next Friday to get it checked and now I'm working with Thor to see if they will cover it under Warranty.

Thanks,
USAF Veteran
jdharrington is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum