Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 12:53 AM   #27
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
Don't worry bthode, the V-10 does scream when it winds out. It is designed to run at high rpm. It took me a while to get used to that, too, in our 2010 Tiffin. The Tiffin screamed louder than our Vegas. It doesn't hurt the engine a bit, tho. I am installing the Fat Max sound barrier in the doghouse to help with the noise. The guys on this blog used this, and they say it works pretty good to quiet the coach down. One thing I am doing is to put up some type of curtain behind the front seats to keep the cool air in the cab area. Here in Florida, the dash AC just wont cut it especially since the windshield is such a greenhouse. No need for the AC to try to cool the whole coach.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum