Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #36
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
The tow dolly we use has a surge brake much like a boat trailer: the weight of the car+dolly pressing against the hitch compresses a cylinder which engages the brakes on the dolly. We just finished towing our Escape (pictured above) 400 miles with it and had no issues--including a couple of "vigorous" stops.

When we first purchased the Axis I was anticipating pulling a car on a trailer so I had a brake controller installed. Our dealer found a bunch of wiring issues to the 7-wire plug during the controller install--glad I had them do it!

Yes the 5-Star tune will void the warranty. The engine computer keeps a counter of the # of times its been reprogrammed--the tuner will increment that number each time you download a tune. The Ford dealer can compare the count with the vehicles service record and void the warranty simply because they don't match. On our F-350 I waited until the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty was up before I tuned it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum