Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #45
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
We don't always tow.

If we are cruising the country - going from place to place on a daily basis, we don't tow a car. Afterall, that is the beauty of a motorhome, especially a smaller one - to be able to see the country without any kind of significant tear down of the campsite each day.

But if we are going somewhere for a week or more, especially if it is at the same location, or somewhere where we will anticipate the need for a car - then yea - we will tow our car.

Enterprise is also a good option, but many are not open on weekends, so that might be a consideration. Best thing is to plan ahead and see if the location you are going to has an Enterprise rental, and if they are open weekends.

It also does not hurt to confirm that the specific location will drop off/pick up the car, and at least what their delivery area is.

Also, sometimes the local area where you want to go has free (or at least inexpensive) bus service, so other than having to wait on a bus to show up, that is also another option. So if you research the area you are going to before-hand, you might find you have that option as well.

Finally, depending on your physical abilities, you might also consider carrying bicycles. At our age, we have maybe a 2 mile range in us when riding bikes. That is often enough to get to the store, etc. Last year, I even strapped 50lbs of firewood in a backpack on my back and rode my bike back from the store. I won't make that misgake again.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum