Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 11:20 PM   #1
bharrisv65

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
THOR #10421
Angry CAUTION! TV in bedroom mount

I wanted to post this in case someone else has the same TV mount in their MH bedroom. I have a 2018 Challenger 37YT, I was doing some measuring inside the storage compartment where the BR TV is mounted when suddenly the whole front of the cabinet just fell loose from the ceiling! Luckily, I was inside so it didn't fall completely down or it would have probably destroyed the whole cabinet and damaged the walls, etc. I held it up and was able to reach inside the closet where I had a small suitcase which I placed under the cabinet to hold it up. Upon looking at what happened, apparently Thor's "wonderful" tech guys only put two...yes that's TWO screws in the front of the cabinet holding it to the ceiling and there was maybe a HALF INCH OF THREADS going into the ceiling to hold things in place. There was no other support on the sides, just the top and whatever is in the back. Now, bear in mind, this is a STORAGE cabinet with a 32" TV mounted to a solid wooden door with solid wooden framing! Thank goodness we've never put anything heavy in there before and it didn't happen while driving down the road! I've attached a picture of the setup but it's just for reference. I'll take pictures of how it looks now with screws pulled loose and post tomorrow. The TV and cabinet are on the upper left side of the picture. It happened right before we were readying to go eat so I didn't have time to take pics today.

If anyone has a similar setup, you might want to check yours out just in case so you won't have the same issue. I won't get off into the "terrible quality of Thor" rant, it's been said enough but I will say I've practically rebuilt this BRAND NEW MH myself in the 6 months I've had it......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BR TV.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	9531  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum