Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #15
jpmihalk

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
I think Brad and Karen's answer i closest to my opinion. You always have to remember that an RV has the issues of any truck, plus a house, and it is being driven during both a hurricane and an earthquake. Everything shakes and rattles and the wind howls around it. Yes, they could be built better but then you would be paying more - a LOT more. Hence the comments about Tiffin quality. I know several Tiffin owners who have had to return to Red Bay for warranty work, even with their higher quality units. The more we use them, the more likely something will break or go wrong.

In our previous RV, the generator didn't get used much by the previous owners. It simply wouldn't run for more than 15 minutes once the outside temps got above 80 degrees. When it was all said and done, we had to replace the fuel pump and the rotor and stator set... not cheap. And then we traded that RV for our new Thor. Lesson learned.

As far as sidewall separation and the stapling, yes... it isn't the best workmanship. We also tried to keep ours looking as new as possible for as long as possible... that lasted about a week until we dug a big scratch on the wall next to the door because we forgot something and lowered the front bunk, digging it into the wall. Stuff happens...

As to yours, if it is under warranty, get it fixed! Harass the dealer until they step up. Harass Thor Customer Service until they support you. We didn't have a problem with either Thor or our dealer (who has since sold his company to Camping World.) But not all dealers are the same and they can make all of the difference in the world.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum