Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 09:09 PM   #8
D and C Kincaid

Brand: Still Looking
Model: View
State: Nevada
THOR #7987
Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
I have the same water issue on my 29.3 but its with the cold and hot. We solved the problem by hooking the hose up letting water run to bath faucets. Turning off the faucets then opening the slide. Its seems that procedure (for us) has taken care of the problem. I did not want to run another line. As for the fresh water fill, its only a short distance form the fill entry to the tank. I would check out the tank under the bed. If you unscrew the four screws on the panel above the breaker panel you will have access to the fresh water tank.
Good afternoon, Be Happy. So, your solution to the water line helped as long as we were hooked up to city water, but we found that using the pump did not provide enough pressure to keep the hot water line open to the bathroom. So we realized that we were going to have to do something more definitive. Started tracing lines, and then figured that we might be looking for a place where the lines went to flex lines. Opened up the panel under the kitchen sink and found the problem area. There is a sleeve or pocket under the water heater where both flex water lines and a large bundle of wires curls in and out of the pocket as the slider is retracted and extended. Our hot water line had a very significant kink in it, which kinked firmly closed when the slide was extended. I detached it from the water heater end, straightened it out, and took it out of the pocket bundle. I couldn't figure out a good way to get it back into the pocket area without it kinking, as it has a permanent kink in it. I think it is a little longer than necessary, and I didn't want to try to cut and replace pressure fitting areas. It curls nicely exactly where I want it to go now as the slider retracts, and extends without placing any unwanted tension anywhere as it extends. Problem solved as long as the area of kink doesn't cause any future leaking. Hopefully yours will never get worse, but if it does, you might look here first.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum