Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: bad plumbing
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #10
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
[QUOTWell it is also poor quality control at Thor. Like how does that leave the factory without systems tested? CW did not put the plumbing in. They should, however possibly stop selling brands with known continuous problems since clearly it affects their reputation. I had no idea that I was the one responsible to check systems for problems before I bought and to recognize the issues. Yes the generator ran but the batteries did not charge - how am I supposed to know this at purchase?? There is no incentive for the dealer to check systems since they would probably lose out on warranty work.[/QUOTE]
Thor does use air to check for leaks in the water pressure lines, but as the coaches are stored outside waiting dealer pick-up, a full waste system check is not preformed. The water pump is not connected when the coaches leave the factory. All Thor dealers get a rep to stop by and check the salesmen out on how to show each specific coach. We met with the SE Thor rep at this years Florida rally. Each region also has a Thor maintenance tech that instruct the dealer techs on how to de-winterize the coach and check the waste system for leaks and performance and helps the dealers with major problems with which they are not familiar. This is part of the agreement between the dealer and Thor Motorcoach. At least that is what I was told on my tour of plant 750.

When I bought my coach, the dealer MHSRV requested we spend at least 24 hours living in the coach at the delivery barn. The delivery tech spent three hours with us the first evening explaining everything and showing me how to operate everything. The next morning the salesman and delivery tech showed up at our door a 9 am to answer questions, see if we had found any problems and give us a welcome package. I requested they go with us to a dump station to show me how the system worked; they agreed. That is when I found out the waste outlet swivels. With the coach, I got a 200 point delivery checklist (made by Thor) with the initials of which dealer tech had checked each item. 2.5 years and 23,000 miles later we are still happy with the coach. We have been back for warranty maintenance once - to have them show me where the fuse was located that powers dash 12 volt receptacles and change it out.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum