Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 01:27 PM   #12
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoandRandy View Post
I know this is a ways past the original post. We had the 2014 31L Chateau. We love it. The counter space is awesome and the windows on the 2014 are still the old style and we like those better. We had auto levelers and satellite installed. The only thing I don't care for is the leather couch. I like the cloth better but were thinking about changing it out down the road. There were a few things we had to fix/improve: 1)The roller drawers in the bedroom, the brackets that attach slides had one screw in them. They were bending and three needed replaced. 2) A lot of wasted space behind the TV in the bedroom. We took out the screws of the square wood piece the TV bracket is attached to and moved it back as far as we could and reattached it. It gave us about 6 more inches of "counter space" under the TV. 3) The cabinet under the sink is tall, I think for a square garbage can. We placed a shelf so it gives us more space there. 4) The toilet is too high so we cut some kids foam play mats to size and put a foam rug on top of that and it's so much better. 5) Our other RV had a shelf behind the couch so after the first time the remote was dropped behind there because were used to setting it on the shelf, we put in a 3 inch shelf. Just big enough for the remote, cell phone, and any other thing that fits. There are other little things too but I can't remember them. We love this unit even with the work. I guess that's part of our fun. Fixing it up to fit our liking.
hey, good idea for a ledge or shelf behind the sofa! I think I'll put that one on my project list! We struggle for a place to put our drinks when sitting on the sofa, so a shelf would do triple duty there!
I'd love to see some pictures of yours for inspiration!

What do you mean about the "Old Style Windows"?
Mine is a '13. What did they change them to?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum