Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Amps and A/C
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #12
Fulltimer50

Brand: DRV
Model: 41RSSB4
State: South Dakota
THOR #5859
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradnKaren View Post
I don't think I'm asking for too much in expecting better than a 10 degree difference between indoor and outdoor temps. What do peeps in REALLY hot climates like AZ do?

Before this RV we had a 37ft 30 amp coach (2002 Southwind) with two 13,500 BTU A/C units that got as cold as an icebox in the exact same spot and weather conditions we're in right now.

Breakers and wires are cool. Air from the vents is flowing well. We have tried various combinations of open/closed/re-positioned A/C and ceiling vents without much difference in overall temp.

It may just boil down to crappy insulation.
Dont forget to consider that your new coach has full body paint in a dark color and Big, dark windows, where your old one may not. Items to make your own shade may be something to look at.
I found that the "automatic" thermostat system doesnt work that well. I find when it is real hot it works better when I use the fan on high setting.
2011 F350 Dually 6.7 PSD
Fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum