Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 02:43 AM   #13
epinkks

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
On my drive down here I noticed there is a governor on this 2015 Thor Hurricane 34J that cuts the power as soon as the speedometer hit 76 mph!

Anyone else notice this?!

I know this sounds silly but on two separate occasions this proved to be dangerous as no matter how much u push on the gas, it will not give power again till the speed reaches 73 mph.

I was in a passing lane and needed to get more speed to get in the other lane and all of a sudden a loss of power at 76 mph! It worked out well but scared the crap out of me! This is dangerous!!!!

Anyone know if this is a Thor or Ford doing?! And more importantly, how do I get this off the motorhome?!
Happened to me on my new 2015 Thor ACE over the weekend. Could not get over about 78 mph. Called Thor and they set me up with a Ford dealer for a checkup. They haven't checked it out yet but after reading this forum and talking to a friend that is a Ford truck mechanic I am sure it is a speed limiter. Here in Texas the speed limit is 80 and in some areas its 85. Guess I won't be keeping up. My biggest surprise however is that neither Thor nor the Ford dealership mentioned anything about a speed limiter. Makes me wonder about them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum