Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 11:26 PM   #99
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Any good electrician can wire your coach for 240 volts. You just need a separate entry panel with circuit breakers and your present entry panel becomes a sub panel. If you have a 50 amp coach, it is your panel that splits the legs to two 120 volts circuits.
Good point but I should have said for OUR use, 90% of the time our AC is going to be used, we'd be on generator and not shore or campground power. So what I meant was "I'm limited to 110 volts if I want to use the AC on generator power".

As far as being able to make those kinds of mods, I replaced the weatherhead and main drop on our house last week. lol. The city inspector kept saying "You need to hire an electrician for that". I said, "Can you just please come out and look at what I've done first?" lol. Yeah, I got my building permit signed off after the inspector couldn't find any part of what I did faulty. Even down to torquing the main breaker box lugs properly to 250 inch/lbs. So yeah if I only used the AC on shore or campground power, I'd put in a 220 volt circuit so I could use a 220 volt residential AC unit.

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum