Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 09:51 PM   #158
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Your expanded circuits would be a worthy project for many of us, even those with the 30a service that Vegas, Axis and Cs have. Would you care to start a new thread on how you went about that. Two weeks without propane is enticing. TIA.

It is relative easy if you tour the Thor plant 750 and see where the original wiring harness are routed. They won't let you take pictures, but I had a steno pad and made voluminous notes. Basically there are three 120 volt circuits: inverter, GFCI and normal 120 volt. I rewired the GFCI circuit for 20 amps by using a CAFI in the power center, pulled 12 ga Romex from the previous junction box behind the inverter to the bathroom, to the kitchen/outside duplex receptacles. As I have three unused CBs in the PD4500 and I need another kitchen circuit to be completer later.... I left the normal 120 volt circuits the same for the dinette and the couch, except I change changed out the magnetic 15 amp circuit breaker for a 15 amp CAFI one. I did add a dedicated 20 amp CAFI circuit to a single duplex receptacle for an electric heater on the dinette wall. The final mod was to use another 15 amp CAFI CB to the inverter bypass relay and pulled 14 ga Romex wire from the inverter junction box to a new duplex receptacle in the dinette wall for the portable ice maker. I still have to change out the remaining 15 and 20 amp CBs to the CAFI type which I will get to this fall when it we quit traveling.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum