Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 02:59 AM   #7
roadhog

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Missouri
THOR #1971
The Vegas has a slightly larger engine compartment access. From the pictures it looks like it might be only at the bottom. I had heard this fact before, but from the side by side pictures you can clearly see it. I don't know that it would make any difference in any case since all you see when you open the grill is a huge radiator.

The Axis did slightly better in Wind Tunnel testing. This according to a seemingly knowledgeable Thor rep who I believe was an engineer. I know he wasn't primarily in sales. He said the Axis is just slightly rounder in the front end producing more of a ball type aerodynamics. He was not trying to steer us to either Axis or Vegas, just relaying the facts with an offer to help us get whichever we wanted. I doubt this fact would make enough difference to deter someone who liked and could get a better deal on a Vegas.

These are the only differences that I know of for sure.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum