Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 10:25 PM   #20
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyhehn View Post
1 - On my Thor Palazzo I always ...
3 - On my coach it is possible to start the motor and adjust the levelers with the slides extended...
:this is from a former Thomasville fellow, out on Rena Ridge, south of town...: )

actually, you don't even have to start the engine, just turn to 'ON', and the LCI Panel will work fine. It may show 'low voltage', but if you press Manual and then make the adjustment, it will still work just fine. You can even level the whole coach that way, even if you've turned off the engine before you remembered to level.
AUTO mode, as we've found, is too 'jerky', and raises the coach too high. Once I started Manually leveling the coach, it is much lower, and a much smoother process.
I don't do the Auto RETRACT either, without first pressing Manual mode, then pressing the retract button only a second or two at the time, to minimize 'jumping' as the legs are brought up and the weight is bouncing down.
Another great way to minimize retraction jumping is to allow the air bags to fully inflate, then 'deflate' them for a second or so, before then retracting the legs. This gives the air bags some 'room' to absorb the jerky 'motion'. Sometimes, once you've aired the bags, your legs are not even touching the ground any longer, and so the retraction is very smooth, of course!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum