Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #32
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Over a decade ago, my neighbor asked to borrow my PopUp camper trailer several times. He asked the first time within days of first bringing it home and parking it on my driveway. His intention was always "just to use it for the day" at nearby Bolsa Chica State Beach or Huntington State Beach.

The entire trailer while being towed , the lift mechanism, the slide out, and the tenting setup would particularly be at risk of damage during setup and take down. But to top it off, it would serve as a portable air-conditioned beach shack to rest, (a Yamaha genny to power the AC), shower, go to the restroom, and prepare meals throughout the day while surfing.

If you're not familiar with PopUps, they are very delicate pieces of engineering, especially during setup and takedown.

Needless to say, I always just said, NO, and would quickly change the subject of conversation to some other neighborly topic.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum