Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 11:11 PM   #10
mhbell

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Axis 24.1
State: Utah
THOR #2474
Send a message via Skype™ to mhbell
Smile My Frame has not been lengthened

I just crawled under mine again and checked everything. My Frame has not been Lengthened. The clearance from the frame to the tires is 10 1/2 inches You only need 8 according to Firestone instructions. Yes the Spring hangers are outboard of the frame like all F-53 Truck frames up to at least 2010 as I recall. The air springs set on the springs so there is still plenty of room. The springs are 4 inches wide and from the outboard edge of the spring to the tire is 3 3/4th inches. which would be 5 3/4th inches from the center of the spring on the inboard or frame side and 5 3/4th inches on the outboard or tire side. The max Diameter of the air bag is 6.60 inches which would be 3.30 inches on each side of the spring. from the center of the spring to the edge of the spring is 2 inches leaving a overhang of the air bag of 1.30 inches. Plenty of clearance. I think someone forgot to do there math at Firestone. BTW I ran a vin check on my frame and it was made in Detroit Michigan in 2006.
Mel

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum