Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 05:21 AM   #16
sip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #5882
I figure about $1000 for the ready brute elite bar
and maybe $300 for the various parts to get it to mate up with my wrangler (I have a custom bumper and bolted the tow brackets to it. I was planning to use the integrated shackle mounts but the width wasn't within spec recommended by the manufacturer (thus the extra brackets).

I installed everything myself which included routing the brake cable from the tow bar to the brake pedal and wiring for the tail lights and battery charger (jeep gets charged while in tow).

Have probably towed over 4k miles with this setup and it has worked great. I can't imagine trying to attach a car without adjustable tow arms (really cuts down on the time). Oh and I'm definitely a big fan of the simplicity of surge brakes like ready brake.

Here's what it looks like:

Edit: After posting, I realized those arms aren't fully extended ... also brake line wasn't attached. So here's another look (older pic):

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum