Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 08:03 PM   #97
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
You know you got to thinking while eating lunch today..... If you want to run all of your repecitals off inverter power you might be better off with TWO Aims 1200 inverters or one large one with a larger auto xfer switch.

Our Aims 1200 inverters only has a 10 amp auto transfer switch. Sound like you might have a problem or be very limited on what you can run at the same time if you run all of them though the same inverter to me.

Like if you wanted to run an electic heater (while on shore power) all of this juice goes though the inverter on its way to the outlet. Does the auto xfer switch come into play when on shore power?

Im sure others will have more insite on this potenial problem. My knowlege is very limited on this subject - I have NOT researched it yet.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum