Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Air compressor?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 03:39 AM   #35
16Pal36.3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.2
State: Illinois
THOR #12796
Compressed air can be very handy...

I drive a DP with a great compressed air system and I still carry a "pancake tank" air compressor. I top off tires, blow out window frame drains and other sundry cleaning tasks. At the house I have air tools.

On my first DP I got Nasties growing in my fuel tank. That Freight Liner chassis had a in-line fuel strainer up in a bad spot in the fuel line routing, way before the fuel filter. I had to clean it to keep moving on a 800 mile trip. I couldn't get help. I couldn't use the built in compressed air system because it bled off too fast. I blew that strainer out 10 times before I got the Nasties removed from the tank. (2000 miles) Ever since then I've carried a compressor with a large enough tank to blow something out. It just comes in handy way too often to not have it. (I use fuel biocide in my diesel fuel tanks too)
If your rig has sliding windows you will find that if you don't keep the frame drains clear, your windows will start "leaking" when it rains. You can blow the drains out with "canned air", but it does not go very far.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum