Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 05:32 PM   #1
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
What do you think about the drill less solar mounts?

What do you think about the "drill less solar mounts" on a TPO roof? (Of coarse I think they would work better on a fiberglass or tin roof but it looks like a few RV'er are glueing down to TPO as well).

Im still on my solar quest and if I decide to go with rigid panels it would be nice to install the drill less corner solar mounts.

https://www.amazon.com/NUZAMAS-Unive...JTJ36VFGZKYNYV

But im afraid over time they will want to tear the roof by lifting the TPO up so I thought I might drill holes in just 2 corners or perhaps all 4 corners??

The way I look at it the z brackets have two screws per a foot (so 8 screws / holes) where as if I use the drill less ones I can glue it down (Or use VHB tape) plus add one screw per a bracket (so only 4 holes). The glue (VHB tape) should prevent the screws from ripping out and the screws will help prevent the panels from breaking loose if the TPO gives out.

What do you think?
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum