Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #8
rcharrette

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw38RB
State: Colorado
THOR #14374
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetdude View Post
I had similar problem with my 2018 Thor ACE 27.2. Blower came on for 30 seconds and then shut off. Had an mobile RV service come to my campsite and found out it was the sail switch. They told me this season has been rampant with this problem. Said the manufacturer of the sail switch in the Atwood heater (Dometic) has faulty switches. Originally the tech found the re-set button was off. But to be safe he ordered a new switch by a different manufacturer and it fixed the problem. Hope this might help. God Bless.

Thanks for the suggestion, I really have no idea what’s going on! It lights fine 90% of the time. The situations where it won’t light the blower comes on and I hear the igniter clicking. It tries 3 times then shuts down. I’ll then turn off the furnace at the thermostat and switch it back on. Then it lights right up. I’ll also note that we’ve never woken up in the morning to a cold coach. The furnace is always running in the early AM!
I really don’t want to pay a tech (or do myself) to just throw parts at it. Because it’s so random I’m guessing it would not happen when the tech is here.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum