Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 03:57 PM   #1468
gnach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Ron just re-read your message and picked up on the fact that you replaced the original tires with larger tires...he has thought about that...do you feel it helped..do you have enough clearance up front turning with the larger tires? The small tires on the 24.1 has always been an issue with Ron having been used to the large tires we have on our 4x4 Ford.
Yeah. those puny Light Truck tires Ford puts on look like a Hot Wheels toy. I'd been paying close attention to posts about larger tires like the 16.5" wheels with commercial tires but it was gmtech16450yz'swrite up about his change out to 235/85 Michellin highway threads that got me moving. We were about to head out on a northern trip last Oct and I wanted some better grip in case of light snow. The tires exceed the rigs GVWR and they fit...very snug in the back but nicely in the front. They ride nicely, fairly quiet (unnoticed) and don't seem any harsher. I think the taller sidewall helps. I've also had good comments about the "chubby" look.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum