Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 02:21 PM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I believe the upgrade to 11,000 pounds covers the Cutaway and Cab HD chassis only, and they should be available in RWD version. The chassis may weigh more due to reinforcement, but I’d bet on at least 600 extra pounds of cargo capacity. Still, that leaves Transit quite short of new Sprinter GVWR.

It’s possible AWD may not even be available on 11,000-pound Cutaway for RV motorhomes. I don’t recall if Mercedes offers AWD on Sprinter Cutaway. For van conversions to go a little off-road, AWD seems like a great option. We’ve seen AWD Sprinter van conversions built that way for the more adventurers who camp remotely.

It’s interesting that while Mercedes offers an optional alternator bracket, Ford specifically lists it as dual 250-Amp alternators on gasoline engines. This seems to exclude the diesel. For me, the naturally aspirated V6 with dual alternators and 10-speed seems a great choice for an RV.

As discussed previously, the biggest issue for me with gas engine is limited range. Let’s hope Ford addresses that with larger fuel tank.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum