Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 02:14 PM   #6
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Peroxide method here as well but rarely do it. If you use it frequently and empty/refill it occasionally, you don't need to sanitize it. I'm very careful about what water goes in my tank. for the most part, City water supplies have enough bleach in it already to keep your teeth clean...and your fresh water tank.
Same here, only when the coach has been sitting for a time with the heel in the tank then I hit it with the peroxide

You really don't have to rinse longer than to see the bubbles come out the spigots which is a real advantage as well

Cost a bit more but I really don't like the bleach taste or smell and in many cafes that don't filter the water is it not pleasant

You nailed it when being careful when you fill the tank and with the water you use.

Many, many times I have watched the neighbor depart after using his black rinse hose on the spigot and the new arrival just hook up his NSF hose to the coach and think all is well. This is where you stop for a moment and either use a disinfectant wipe or spray after running a bit of water on the ground first. The same guy many times throws his hose on the ground when getting into the compartment.

Little things truly do matter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum